Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OT: Recording in SAW Tutorial

Micro,

Yes, that I have HAD SAW since 2009 is true...

However, I use SAW primarily as a "glorified" audio player - using the Control track and Show Control along with SAC.

As to your question, "You do not know how to go about recording in saw, is this correct?"

The answer is "Yes", I have never actually recorded with SAW and I do not know how to perform that function.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Micro,

Yes, that I have HAD SAW since 2009 is true...

However, I use SAW primarily as a "glorified" audio player - using the Control track and Show Control along with SAC.

As to your question, "You do not know how to go about recording in saw, is this correct?"

The answer is "Yes", I have never actually recorded with SAW and I do not know how to perform that function.
    Ok thanks for answering. In order to run SawStudio you will need to learn it's different widows and functions which I show in my tutorials and then from there I show you how to record....easy as that.

Good luck!

Blog Entries

Microstudio,
    Quote Originally Posted by ;214632
    ...and then from there I show you how to record....easy as that.
    ..."easy as that" you say. For who?

Dell...I'm curious, do you have an interface on your SAW rig...and if so what is it...how many mic inputs, line inputs etc....and are you using an ASIO driver, or are you using the sound card on your mother board?
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

Blog Entries

Danny,

Regarding your questions:

Q1. Do you have an interface on your SAW rig?.
    R1: Yes

Q2: ...and if so what is it?
    R2: An ADA-8200 and a DigiMax FS
    * The FS will soon be replaced with another ADA.

Q3: ...how many mic inputs, line inputs etc?.
    R3: Mic, 2x8=16, same for line.

Q4: ..and are you using an ASIO driver, or are you using the sound card on your mother board?
    Q4: I am using ASIO with an RMD HDSP 9652.

Note: If you are interested, have a look at this: New SAC Rig
    Last edited by mr_es335; 03-02-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Q2: ...and if so what is it?
    R2: An ADA-8200 and a DigiMax FS
    * The FS will soon be replaced with another ADA.
    Strange. A while back I got rid of 2x ADA8000 and replaced them with factory refurbished DigiMax FS units. Better features, higher max sample rate, and I'm pretty sure the converters were better as well. Why would you go the other way?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Blog Entries

Cary,

I recently had one fail and Presonus will not fix it and will not provide the parts to fix it.

I need to have something that I able to obtain if and when I require one.

Blog Entries

Microstudio,
    ..."easy as that" you say. For who?
    Anyone that takes the time to learn SawStudio

Blog Entries

Microstudio,

You previously stated,
    Anyone that takes the time to learn SAWStudio...
    ...Anyhow, I do want to take the time to learn SAWStudio - and in particular, learning how to record correctly, properly with some understanding just what it is that I am doing.

Matt, I again did revisit your SSVideos for the second time after a lapse, and I must say at the outset that I do sincerely appreciate the time and effort in took in producing these videos.

However, from my perspective still - I really find these videos very difficult to follow. I mean, is it really necessary for beginners to know all about the [Ctrl] key and [Shift] key operations at the outset. And then to get into looping almost immediately. I am not at all interested in looping - I just want to learn how to record, and that is it.

Anyhow, as the posting originally stated, "Recording in SAW Tutorial".

As my Live Rig does not have Internet access, I will be using my Office computer. It uses a ZOOM UAC-2 USB interface and for now, I would like to be able to record the Nylon guitar in SAW - first as a solo, then as a duet. When I am comfortable with this operation, I would then like to perform this entire operation using SAC and SAW.

I am not at all interested in using Eq, Dyn or Fx - just recording. So this should be helpful in keeping this really simple.

In closing, I would really prefer to remunerate those that offer me assistance - whether this be a beer, or two, lunch or ??

Thanks to any who respond.

Note: I have attached a text file showing how I have configured both SAC and SAW. If there is anything amiss, them please let me know and why.

Note: I have attached a text file showing how I have configured both SAC and SAW. If there is anything amiss, them please let me know and why.
    Just a quick observation about your set up in SAW - maybe it's fine, but I've always used the default to SRC and my SAC/SAW demands are awfully simplistic - up to this point mostly using SAC as a front end mixer for monitoring my inputs, recording those inputs in SAW and sending a 2-track playback from SAW.

Your setup:
    SAC Link Options > Input Chan Play Tap At PST-FDR:

As I mentioned, I use the default Tap at SRC, rather than post fader, I guess because I don't want SAC's mixer settings to be printed to the SAW tracks.

I might have more to say, when I'm not in the middle of 2 things at once today.