Close

Default ADA 8200 Reliability?

What has been the experience of those using the ADA 8200 converters concerning reliability? Also, are the ADA 8200 preamps that much better?

I have been thinking of upgrading the ADA 8000 converters on my Saw Studio machine. These are the version that shut down when playback is stopped. Not an issue when using SAC and SAW Studio together but a pain when using SAW Studio alone. I have been considering the ADA 8200 as replacements but I am concerned with reliability after reading a number of reviews.

Also, it seems that Behringer's repair service leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for your input.

Default Re: ADA 8200 Reliability?

We have been using the 8200s on the Elton John stage since they came out... about 4-5 years ago now. Never downed a show yet. They have been in and out of trucks, buses and planes all around the world... I'd say that's a pretty good track record for something so inexpensive.

They sound fine as well... all the Elton members say they love their in-ear mixes and Elton seems equally as happy.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Hello,

Thanks Bob for the "heads-up"!

I would say that this track record is "pretty darn good"!

FWIW, I bought two ADA8200 in the last 12 months to replace the ADA8000s I had used for 9 years without a problem. Recently one of the ADA8200s stopped being able to sync to the RME Digiface via ADAT. So I had to replace it. This time i bought an Audient ASP800. The other ADA8200 is working fine.

I ran three in a SAC rig at a church for a couple of years. They always worked and never gave a problem. I have one one my home test system that has been running 24/7 for two years or longer. No issues with that one either. They are hard to beat for the money. Whatever you put into them you will get out of them. Don't expect them to warm or color the sound much which is a good thing to me. When we first went digital at the church with this system everyone freaked out because they had never heard themselves without some type of coloration or slight distortion from the old analog system.

Blog Entries

Dale B
    Don't expect them to warm or color the sound much which is a good thing to me. When we first went digital at the church with this system everyone freaked out because they had never heard themselves without some type of coloration or slight distortion from the old analog system.
    ...Good news...and that is also what I like about the ADA's.

In a way, all that you are hearing - if I can use this analogy, is the quality of the coding that Bob has implemented in the actual software.

Thanks for the replies. I've started the process of changing over the ADA 8200 converters. Received the first one today and so far seems to function fine. (Used from ebay)