Close

Default ADA 8200 Reliability?

What has been the experience of those using the ADA 8200 converters concerning reliability? Also, are the ADA 8200 preamps that much better?

I have been thinking of upgrading the ADA 8000 converters on my Saw Studio machine. These are the version that shut down when playback is stopped. Not an issue when using SAC and SAW Studio together but a pain when using SAW Studio alone. I have been considering the ADA 8200 as replacements but I am concerned with reliability after reading a number of reviews.

Also, it seems that Behringer's repair service leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for your input.

Default Re: ADA 8200 Reliability?

People will tell you the preamps sound better. I never compared them but the 8200 is perfectly adequate for most things and certainly no worse a standard than the 8000. The power supply shouldn't be prone to the inevitable heat death of the original. The ada8000 got hot, as you probably know. The 8200 does not.

The usual Behringer caveat applies. These things are built to a price using cheap components. My personal experience is the rates of Behringer infant failure are high and they don't last anywhere near as long as other brands... However there's a three year warranty and they're cheap. Buy a spare for the studio and you're good.

Default Re: ADA 8200 Reliability?

Thanks for the reply. I've started the process of changing over the ADA 8200 converters. Received the first one today and so far seems to function fine. (Used from ebay)