Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default QU32 A&H AND SAW STUDIO

Have any Saw user record with a A&H qu32 mixer as an interface?, I been usisng the M32 MIdas and X32 with perfect results, but I will have a Qu32 this saturday in a live sesion , I know theres ASIO drivers etc, but just making shure that someone has use it because I do not have a change fo testing the drivers,

Thanks you for any answers

Mario Lagsbartt

Default Re: QU32 A&H AND SAW STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by lagsbartt View Post
    Have any Saw user record with a A&H qu32 mixer as an interface?, I been usisng the M32 MIdas and X32 with perfect results, but I will have a Qu32 this saturday in a live sesion , I know theres ASIO drivers etc, but just making shure that someone has use it because I do not have a change fo testing the drivers,

Mario Lagsbartt
    I have not used the A&H or either M32 or X32, but the Soundcraft SI worked pretty well. It did not list the devices in order, so there was time dedicated to assigning to devices properly. Once done and preferences saved, it worked flawlessly on both a Win10 tablet and a Win8 laptop. I was only capturing tracks, not mixing.

I will probably need to capture tracks with an X32 in a couple weeks. Any "gottchas" on those?
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I have not used the A&H or either M32 or X32, but the Soundcraft SI worked pretty well. It did not list the devices in order, so there was time dedicated to assigning to devices properly. Once done and preferences saved, it worked flawlessly on both a Win10 tablet and a Win8 laptop. I was only capturing tracks, not mixing.

I will probably need to capture tracks with an X32 in a couple weeks. Any "gottchas" on those?
    My only issue with the x32 was with keeping the thing connected at first, but that was long ago.
    That, and it lists 2 different devices that I have trouble remembering which is correct, because one isn't. I've solved that issue by saving a preference file in both SAC and SAW to open and populate the correct audio devices anytime I need to use the x32.

It works perfectly for me every time I hook up now (maybe 4 times a year) on a Win7/32 bit Thinkpad.For large track counts I use SAC as a front end to SAW, just for self assurance sake. When only tracking 4 inputs or so, I often go direct to SAW. No issues in either case, as long as I turn off my wireless internet and antivirus (It's a general duty laptop).

I have use M32 and X32 with o problem at all, it assigns almost automatucly, no clutches, nothing just perfect companion for Saw studio

Red face Re: QU32 A&H AND SAW STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by lagsbartt View Post

Mario Lagsbartt
    I use the QU32 with Saw Studio with no problem at all

Mario

Angie -- I've tracked 16 or so tracks through my X32 rack on a few occasions without issue (SAWStudio on an older XP laptop using a CardBus Digiface). I don't think there was any setup required; it just worked. I did save an EDL template that I've re-used.

That said, I would definitely do a test run with it ahead of time to be sure it all works as you like. There's always the chance a setting or two aren't where they need to be, especially if it's been used by someone else for who knows what (the X32). Some default mode settings may have been changed. The X32 is really flexible, routing-wise, so there are several ducks that could not be in a row for simple tracking. Or -- it might be good to go.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Angie -- I've tracked 16 or so tracks through my X32 rack on a few occasions without issue (SAWStudio on an older XP laptop using a CardBus Digiface). I don't think there was any setup required; it just worked. I did save an EDL template that I've re-used.

That said, I would definitely do a test run with it ahead of time to be sure it all works as you like. There's always the chance a setting or two aren't where they need to be, especially if it's been used by someone else for who knows what (the X32). Some default mode settings may have been changed. The X32 is really flexible, routing-wise, so there are several ducks that could not be in a row for simple tracking. Or -- it might be good to go.
    Thanks, Dave. I don't think I'll be able to even see the board before I get there. Though the event isn't until July, so who knows.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio

Chris' tribute site

8. Default Re: QU32 A&H AND SAW STUDIO

I own an Allen&Heath Qu16 and have used it for live recordings. I just use the Qu Drive interface USB-A port directly for the recording. A 64Gb USB stick worked perfectly for 18 tracks in just under 2 hours of a concert. Bring a couple of sticks and format them via the console. Then do a test recording. There have been folks who have had compatibility issues with USB sticks but I have not experienced those at all, while using at least 6 different sticks.
    Please note that A&H has known issues with recordings through Qu consoles when using the USB-B port on the back of the console connected to an Intel-based computer used for recording (either Mac or PC). The recordings can become corrupted by digital hash, making them unusable. It has been reported that this digital hash issue has not happened when using an AMD-based computer attached to the USB-B port. This is an ongoing issue with the USB-B port recordings. You can read up on this issue at the A&H forums here.

Thanks, Dave. I don't think I'll be able to even see the board before I get there. Though the event isn't until July, so who knows.
    That's understandable. Might be a good idea to look over the manual, if only to get a feel for how the configuration menu system is laid out. To me, it's not the most intuitive thing. I'd hate to have you show up, ready-to-record, and have some dumb little setting stand in your way. Will there be an X-32-savvy person on-hand to help?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    That's understandable. Might be a good idea to look over the manual, if only to get a feel for how the configuration menu system is laid out. To me, it's not the most intuitive thing. I'd hate to have you show up, ready-to-record, and have some dumb little setting stand in your way. Will there be an X-32-savvy person on-hand to help?
    There should be someone who knows it better than me. But now there is confusion as to where the recording will take place which means I may end up with my SAC/SAW system anyway. Which would be nice.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio

Chris' tribute site