Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SawStudio and Izotope RX 6

Has anyone used Izotope RX 6 successfully in SawStudio?
    It's a really great software for cleaning up tracks and I'd like to use it as a plugin if possible.
    I haven't installed any plugins in quite a while and forgot how to do the Ini file path setup.
    Putting the ini file directly in the Saw Vst plugin folder didn't work.
    I remember using a piece of software someone on this forum created a good while back but I don't remember where it went to when I built my latest computer.
    Please Help if you can.

Default Re: SawStudio and Izotope RX 6

Check your ini file again... it should be in the SAWStudio VST_Plugins folder... but make sure the path in the file is complete and points correctly to where the dll is... and also make sure you finished the line with a RETURN... the cursor needs to end at the start of the next line in the file. There is a simple example in the helpfile.

Bob L

I allowed RX 6 to install in its default location, which for me was:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins\

I then created "iZotope RX6 Dialogue De-noise.ini" (and similarly for the other dlls for the various constituents of the program) and put it in the SawStudio VST plug-ins directory.

The content of the ini file is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins\RX 6 Voice De-noise.dll

As Bob points out, there should be a return at the end of that.
    Last edited by andy cross; 04-03-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks Bob and Andy.
    I haven't installed any new plugins since I built my studio machine in 2014 - like they say "use it or lose it"....

I've had many problems getting plugins to work in SS even with the ini method lately. With every version of RX (I stopped at version 5), some of the modules would load and others would not.

The interesting thing is that when during a plugin install a .net framework version that isn't on my system is installed also, suddenly plugins that wouldn't load do. I'm using xp currently.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I've had many problems getting plugins to work in SS even with the ini method lately. With every version of RX (I stopped at version 5), some of the modules would load and others would not.

The interesting thing is that when during a plugin install a .net framework version that isn't on my system is installed also, suddenly plugins that wouldn't load do. I'm using xp currently.
    Same here, Angie. I also stopped at 5 and use both 4 and 5 on my XP system. I decided awhile back that it was actually easier and a more complete use of RX to use it standalone and not use the plugins from within SAW.

If the operation I do in RX is something I am confident of committing to in SAW, then I save and overwrite the file(s) and later, refreshing the waveforms in SAW, if there would be noticeable differences from how they looked before (as in a major change in volume, for instance). Otherwise, I save a copy of the altered file and import it into SAW to compare, or replace, or whatever I needed to do. Ultimately, for what I usually use RX for, it takes no less time and I think allows a more complete use of RX... but that's just the way I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by andy cross View Post
    I allowed RX 6 to install in its default location, which for me was:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins\

I then created "iZotope RX6 Dialogue De-noise.ini" (and similarly for the other dlls for the various constituents of the program) and put it in the SawStudio VST plug-ins directory.

The content of the ini file is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins\RX 6 Voice De-noise.dll

As Bob points out, there should be a return at the end of that.
    Hi Andy,
    After many hours of install/uninstall, making .ini files as suggested (which now I remember doing it for other plugins) I could not get it to work.
    I'm using Windows 7 32 bit and there is not a (x86) folder but my other plugins are in the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\RX 6 Voice De-noise.dll path.
    What version Windows are you using?
    Anything else you might have done to get them to work?
    Right now I'm forced to use the stand alone version which is working fine.

Hi Tim, I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, hence the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, which you won't have in a 32-bit version. What happens with RX - do the components appear in the FX list in SAW but won't load, or do they not appear at all?
    Last edited by andy cross; 04-11-2018 at 10:16 AM.

I have been using jBridge to wrap the 64 bit versions.
    Michael McInnis Productions

I've been using most of the RX6 plugins in SAWStudio on my Windows 7 Pro (64bit OS) rig with no problems - but I did have to disable a few of the plugins in order to get it to work.
    Here's what I did:
    * When setting up the install - choose to put the 32bit VST 2.4 plugins into the C:\SAWStudio\VST_PlugIns folder
    * Authorize RX6 by opening up the RX6 Audio Editor, entering your serial # and choosing the authorization type (either activated to the computer or to an iLok)
    * REMOVE or delete the following plugins out of your C:\SAWStudio\VST_PlugIns folder (as leaving any of them in there will CRASH SAW and make it unable to launch):
    RX 6 Connect.dll
    RX 6 Monitor.dll
    RX 6 Spectral De-noise.dll
    * SAW will now launch fine.
    * When loading these plugins choose the ones that are listed as "RX 6***" - NOT the redundant ones that say "iZRX6 ***"

Best regards,
    Steve Berson