Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: SawStudio and Izotope RX 6

Interesting findings Steve. All those dll files work fine with the wrapped 64bit versions. I wonder what is up with that?

Some of these plugins have a large memory footprint which I think makes them problematic sometimes in a 32 bit environment. I am hoping the 64 bit version of SAW will alleviate some of these issues.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Interesting findings Steve. All those dll files work fine with the wrapped 64bit versions. I wonder what is up with that?

Some of these plugins have a large memory footprint which I think makes them problematic sometimes in a 32 bit environment. I am hoping the 64 bit version of SAW will alleviate some of these issues.
    Michael - thanks for that info. Seems I need to get JBridge as I have a few plugins by Waves, Nugen and DDMF which I have some similar problems with as well. I tried out the JBridge demo but was a little bit confused by it - any advice regarding setting up plugins in SAW with it?

Best regards,
    Steve BErson

I would be happy to help you set it up. Maybe a phone call would be fastest...then I can follow along on my machine as you are installing the plugins. I’ll PM my number.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by andy cross View Post
    Hi Tim, I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, hence the C:\Program Files (x86) folder, which you won't have in a 32-bit version. What happens with RX - do the components appear in the FX list in SAW but won't load, or do they not appear at all?
    Yeah they show up in the Fx list but when I try to open them I get the can not connect pins warning or some other warning.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSonic View Post
    I've been using most of the RX6 plugins in SAWStudio on my Windows 7 Pro (64bit OS) rig with no problems - but I did have to disable a few of the plugins in order to get it to work.
    Here's what I did:
    * When setting up the install - choose to put the 32bit VST 2.4 plugins into the C:\SAWStudio\VST_PlugIns folder
    * Authorize RX6 by opening up the RX6 Audio Editor, entering your serial # and choosing the authorization type (either activated to the computer or to an iLok)
    * REMOVE or delete the following plugins out of your C:\SAWStudio\VST_PlugIns folder (as leaving any of them in there will CRASH SAW and make it unable to launch):
    RX 6 Connect.dll
    RX 6 Monitor.dll
    RX 6 Spectral De-noise.dll
    * SAW will now launch fine.
    * When loading these plugins choose the ones that are listed as "RX 6***" - NOT the redundant ones that say "iZRX6 ***"

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Hi Steve,
    I tried that the 2nd time I reinstalled RX6 - sending the vst 2 plugins to the C:\SAWStudio\VST_PlugIns folder but no luck getting them to run. It must be something with the 32 bit Windows 7 Pro version that won't allow it to work.