Hello,

I have had an acquaintance assisting me with setting up the overall sound of my guitars and he suggested the following:

His point: The function I was trying to show you was applying a short "ducking" to the reverb return.

<-- Begin Dialogue -->
The way I understand to do it in SAW/SAC according to the forum post we read was as follows:
See: http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/...ight=Sidechain
1. Create 3 inputs for 3 different guitars routed to the main output
2. Create a reverb as an FX buss with a compressor inserted after the reverb on the same buss
3. Use the auxiliary sends on each of the 3 guitar input channels to send to the reverb FX buss
4. Create auxiliary sends for all 3 guitars to a single buss that is not routed to any physical output (parallel) <-this bus will be used to control the side chain input of the compressor after the reverb
5. Activate the side chain trigger/key input for compressor and select the guitar buss

I recommend this because the reverb is very prominent in the mix. In order to achieve more clarity, you could use a compressor with a fast attack and release to allow plucked notes from the guitar to cut through the mix more clearly. (Attack around 1 ms and release around 20 ms ratio 3:1) Because you can not use all three of the guitars as a key input to trigger the compressor, you have to create a buss. The other advantage is that this allows you to balance each of the guitar inputs so that they all hit the threshold at the correct volume.
<-- End Dialogue -->

Can anyone shed more light on the "feature". The only reason that I am asking is that this scenario has me somewhat "intrigued".

More specially, how I can do all of this - in detail, in SAC.

Thanks in advance.