Quote Originally Posted by airickess View Post
I own an Allen&Heath Qu16 and have used it for live recordings. I just use the Qu Drive interface USB-A port directly for the recording. A 64Gb USB stick worked perfectly for 18 tracks in just under 2 hours of a concert. Bring a couple of sticks and format them via the console. Then do a test recording. There have been folks who have had compatibility issues with USB sticks but I have not experienced those at all, while using at least 6 different sticks.
Please note that A&H has known issues with recordings through Qu consoles when using the USB-B port on the back of the console connected to an Intel-based computer used for recording (either Mac or PC). The recordings can become corrupted by digital hash, making them unusable. It has been reported that this digital hash issue has not happened when using an AMD-based computer attached to the USB-B port. This is an ongoing issue with the USB-B port recordings. You can read up on this issue at the A&H forums here.

Very helpful! I thought there was an option to record direct to flash drive on the Qu series, but didn't mention it because I wasn't sure.