Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSP E27 Eq and PSP 2445 Reverb Plugin Issue

I finally gave in and repartitioned the hard drive so I could setup a dual boot configuration to install Windows 10 - 64 bit. I needed to move to Windows 10 to be able to use some of the newer PSP plugins, the E27 Eq and the 2445 Reverb.

PSP has gone to Pace ilok for authorization of their newer plugins which is a pain but everything installed ok. The problem is if you want to remove either of these plugins from a track it closes Saw. Saw is set to run in XP Sp-3 compatibility mode and I also tried Windows 7 and 8 mode plus run as admin.

If both of these plugins are added or two instances of the same plugin are added to the track, either of the plugins can be removed without closing Saw, but not both.

Same problem with SAC but I intend to only use the plugins with Saw. Other plugins I have including older PSP plugins don't cause this problem.

Anyone else experience this issue when removing plugins?

Just finished the install so I will contact PSP to see what they have to offer.

Default Re: PSP E27 Eq and PSP 2445 Reverb Plugin Issue

I missed listing PSP's site for the plugins.

For the 2445 Reverb:
    http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/reverbs/psp_2445/

For the E27 Eq:
    http://www.pspaudioware.com/plugins/equalizers/psp_e27/

The hardware Eq that the E27 plugin was created to emulate:
    https://avedisaudio.com/e27/

Blog Entries

William,

You state:
    "The problem is if you want to remove either of these plugins from a track it closes Saw."
    ...I am not having any issues either in SAW or SAC with inserting and removing the plugin-ins. I am only using the reverb plug-in at present, but I am able to insert a number of instances, and them remove them without incident.

There must be something else going on.

Are you using the PSP 2445 reverb plugin? I'm not having the issue with other VST's, just the two I mentioned.

Since both of these plugins require iLok to install I wonder if the issue is related to iLok.

Just tried the PSP E27 Eq plugin with Saw on my office computer as a test and I get the same results as the studio computer. The office computer is running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, software build 1803. The studio computer is running Windows 10 home 64 bit, software build 1803.

Blog Entries

William,
    Are you using the PSP 2445 reverb plugin?
    ...Yes I am using the PSP 2445 plug-in and tested on two WIN7 system with no issues.

Also, as stated from the developers, "In order to run a plug-in in 30 day demo mode or activate the plug-in, you need an iLok user ID which you can create for free at https://www.ilok.com/, and you need to install the free iLok License Manager application. A hardware USB iLok dongle is NOT required, however it is optional."

May be check into Net Framework requirements?

The plugins were activated using my iLok account which went smoothly and they load with no problems Haven't really tried using them much, just focused on the shut down issue at this point. Interesting that they work ok on two different Windows 7 machines but not on my two Windows 10 machines.

Thanks for looking into it.

I thought I would try creating an .ini file and let the plugins install in their default location. No go. When trying to add the plugins in SAW there is a error.

I sent a email to PSP detailing the problem but have yet to hear back. Perhaps Bob might have some ideas.

They seem to work, just have to remember not to remove them without saving first.

Blog Entries

William,

I often wonder about what "dependencies" some of these new plug-ins require?

For example, Net Framework or visual C++ Runtimes? May be ask PSP about this?

I have looked a little more into the issue and found that there isn't a way to run the plugins without the Pace iLok service running. It's required for both the demo / trial version as well as the full version. If the Pace iLok service is stopped in computer services, the plugin can't be added to a track.

So there's no way to try the plugins without iLok installed and running. The problem exist on both empty tacks and tracks with audio. As far as requirements this is about all PSP states.

Windows 7, 8 or 10 and a VST 2.4 compatible application

A search online for the issue has not provided any insight so far.

Bob suggested as a work around until a solution is found, add the plugin to an empty track, say track 100 so that the plugins can be removed on active tracks as needed without shutting Saw down. It would help prevent Saw from being shut down accidently and losing a lot of data.

Is anyone using any other VST plugins in Saw on a Windows 10 computer that require iLok to be running?

Blog Entries

Willima,

I was referring not to iLok - but rather to Net Framework or visual C++ Runtimes.

I have had this "issue" with other plug-ins.

I have sent some information to PSP to what they have to say.