Close

Blog Entries

Default OT: Behringer X-TOUCH ONE

Hello,

Somethin' new: Behringer X-TOUCH ONE

Attachment 2765

Default Re: OT: Behringer X-TOUCH ONE

Any ideas on pricing and timeline for availability? I can find nothing on this, except at the Behringer site.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

A UK site will let you preorder for 139 pounds with delivery expected June 20-25.

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording...l-Surface/2INE

And then I noticed the banner on top asking why I'm not looking at the US site.

https://www.gear4music.com/us/en/Rec...l-Surface/2INE

$155 to preorder with delivery expected June 20-22. The Channel must be choppy these days.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

I wonder how well this could be setup to work with SS.
    I love the story of Christmas - Matthew 1:18-24

Quote Originally Posted by Kent F View Post
    I wonder how well this could be setup to work with SS.
    Yes, I would like to know as well, it's supposed to supports HUI* and Mackie Control* protocols, so that is really promising.

I would like to have a look at the button overlay but have trouble finding it on the Sawstudio website download area.

Cheers....
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com

I've only ever been using a mouse for editing and have wondered if there were other options that I should consider. Anyone using a controller like this with Studio? If so, what would say are the pros and cons?
    I love the story of Christmas - Matthew 1:18-24

Smile Re: OT: Behringer X-TOUCH ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Kent F View Post
    I've only ever been using a mouse for editing and have wondered if there were other options that I should consider. Anyone using a controller like this with Studio? If so, what would say are the pros and cons?
    Hi Kent:
    I've tried different setups over the years, which in addition to a normal keyboard were:

• Kensington original trackball and X-Keys (PI Engineering) XK-24 keypad (I bought the PS2 version instead of USB unfortunately or I would probably still be using it)
    • Later model Kensington Trackball with Scroll wheel and Frontier Design Alphatrack (Loved the Alphatrack, never got the Fader working properly but still really
      useful bought a second one but had the same issues, and both eventually failed on me.
    • Later model Kensington Trackball with Scroll wheel + a modified Dell Optical Mouse and Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard with 12 (x3) programmable keys
      this is what I still currently use I found the G1 - 12 keys are really easy to program and work great with SawStudio
      I am happy to share a list of the 12 keys and what functions are programmed into them.

Once the X-Touch One becomes available I am planning to get one and perhaps get rid of the Trackball.
    I am primarily left handed and feel more comfortable with Trackball and Mouse on my Left. As the Programmable "G" Keys on the keyboard are also on the Left,
    I feel getting the X-Touch and placing it on my RHS would be a more balanced way off working, which is what I loved about using the Alphatrack.

Time for a Coffee
    Cheers
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com

Reviving an old thread. Anyone been using one of these with SAWStudio? Would love to hear your review. How are the HUI and Mackie Control implementations working with SAW and others? Fader feel? Anything else?
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Stashu View Post
    Dave,

Just did a test with the SAW 64 Demo. It works great in Mackie Control Mode.
    Worked like a champ.
    I also tried it in HUI mode, and it works fine, but with less features.
    I'm on Windows 10 64.

Stashu
    Stash! Long time no see!

Thanks for the report, very much. Can you tell me how deep it goes? I'm guessing fader, pan, solo. Some transport controls? What else? It'd be really cool if any controller could spin knobs on channel strip modules for example. I guess plugin parameter control is asking too much?

Is there any custom programmability available beyond the standard protocols' right-out-of-the-box functions?

Really appreciate your input. Hope you're well.
    Becket, Massachusetts