Close

Default Monitor - Master as Mon 24

Hi Bob,

doing sound four days in a row using SAC (and getting a lot of positive feedback), I sometimes messed up in the communication with the guy on stage while checking the monitors. The monitor 1 on stage was fed by mon 2 on SAC because I used Mon 1 as monitor - master. So sometimes (especial after some hours in the sun) I told him the wrong number.
    I know that we could start numbering the monitors on stage starting with Mon 2, but an other solution (and the one I'd like more) would be to use MON24 as monitor - master mixer.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Default Re: Monitor - Master as Mon 24

Perhaps an easier approach would be to number the monitor mixers 00 through 23. That would allow the mix numbers to line up with the stage plot with or without the monitor master option being used.

Default Re: Monitor - Master as Mon 24

Hi,
    well, in that case you'd need to change the shortcut for the main mixer (00) to an other number. Using Mon 24 as Monmixer would also allow you to use the monitors the same way.
    An other option would be to add the monitor - master as a speciall mixer (without the possibility to feed physical outputs except for PFL) and to assign a new short cut (might be MM ) to it.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

4. Default Re: Monitor - Master as Mon 24

It's not the first time someone has wished for another numbering of the monitormixers, so it's not likely to change now or ever!
    My workaround is to use mixer #11 as monitor send #1, mixer #12 as monitor send #2 and so on. To me that's a little less confusing than mixer #2 being monitor send #1.
    You could also just use mixer #1 as monitor send #1. All channels on all the other monitor mixers should then have their input set to "Pre Fdr M". That way you still have a monitor master mixer with eq and dynamics. The only thing you loose is the "all monitors master fader" for each channel.
    Last edited by Peter O; 06-07-2018 at 12:05 AM.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.