Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Record Two Mics To Two Separate Tracks

Now that I am fairly comfortable using the modern version of SAW as an editing tool, I want to do something I have never had to do in about 25 years of using SAW software. I want to assign and record each of two microphones to separate tracks.

This is going to sound simple for those of you who do it all the time, and you are probably going to think I am being lazy (based on some of my earlier posts when I was first trying to get acquainted with SAW basic after decades of using a 1990's version called SAWse) but I will tell you that I have spent almost the entirety of this gorgeous day trying to figure it out, reading the SAW manual, reading the manual from my AI, and watching dozens of useless videos. If you aren't inclined to help, I understand, but please do not tell me to "read the manual," or I might just reach through the Internet and strangle you.

I am using SAW Basic on a Windows 10 computer. My interface is the FocusRite Scarlett 212. I want to record two voices for a podcast, each voice having a separate mic plugged into each of the 212's two XLR inputs, and I want to assign Mic 1 to Track 1 on SAW and Mic 2 to Track 2 on SAW.

That's it. For the life of me, I can't even get out of the starting gate with this and the manual does not help one bit. Maybe I am an idiot, but I have made a pretty good living editing audio and producing very decent audio programs with SAW for many, many years. Once someone explains how to do what I am asking in plain English, step-by-step like I am 5-years-old, I will be on my way and I will never need to ask again.

Are you feeling charitable?
    Last edited by Tom M; 06-30-2018 at 05:24 PM.