Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default FX plugin window resizing question

Is it possible to resize an FX plugin window?

I'm in the process of demoing some Waves plugins. Already jumped through the hoops of getting them to show up in SAWStudio (shell2vst, etc...); but on one plugin, the Dorrough Level Meter, when I switch to a horizontal meter, the window stays the same size and shape, and all of the right channel meter and a bit of the left get chopped off.

Thoughts?

Blog Entries

Default Re: FX plugin window resizing question

CurtZHP,

I had a similar problem with a plug-in some time ago.

As I believed this to be an issue with the plug-in itself - as I never had issues with any other plug-in previously or since, I contacted the developer and he discovered that it was a problem with the plug-in - which was subsequently corrected.

To ensure that this was indeed an issue with this plug-in, I used Chainer as a plug-in within SAC - or SAW for that matter, and then added the plug-in to Chainer. The same issue was present.

I would suggest that you give this a try and see what happens.

Something tells me Waves won't give a crap. They'll just tell me to use Pro Tools.

The same plugin showed up fine in Vegas, so I'm inclined to think it isn't the plugin.
    I was just basically looking around for a halfway decent audio level meter to strap across the outputs of SAW to eventually replace my hardware meters. Came across the Waves Dorrough meters, and they happen to be running a special on that plugin, so I went for the demo.

Then I found out how many hoops you have to jump through to use ANY Waves plugin, so if this doesn't work right out of the box, I'm perfectly willing to pass on it. (I'm too old and fat to be jumping through hoops!)

Blog Entries

CurtZHP
    Then I found out how many hoops you have to jump through to use ANY Waves plugin...
    Does Waves not make an "anti-hoop" plug-in? If not, they really need to.

Anyhow, in my testing, though the plug-in did work in other hosts, there was actually a flaw in the plug-in that showed up in Bob's "exotic DAW" - my gotta love that one. Thus the use of Chainer.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 07-10-2018 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    CurtZHP
    Does Waves not make an "anti-hoop" plug-in?
    Not to my knowledge. I know they're not the only ones, but several plugin developers have such a complicated activation/licensing process. Download this, register for that... All before you even get to the actual product. You practically have to sign a prenuptial agreement just to try the stuff!

Makes me appreciate Bob's activation process (or lack thereof) even more.

Blog Entries

CurtZHP,

For fun...see this: WOT-System-Infection