Close

Default Advice on setting up a Band in a corner stage

I could use some advice....Far too many clubs and bars in our area have the bands or stage set up in a corner of the room. Sometimes the room is "L" Shaped and the band is in the "heel "or corner of the "L". The Bar and serving stations usually face the front line of the stage so the audience seating is split down the Left and the Right sides of the stage.

Either way....in order to get FOH speaker coverage to the room....you basically have to point the Speakers down their respective walls to the Left and the Right....with a dead zone in the dance floor directly in front of the band

For a square or rectangular room or stage....where the band is set up along a back wall instead of a corner...I prefer to place my subs in the center of the stage in order to get even coverage and prevent a Power ally. But when set up in a corner....now the subs are"behind" the FOH speakers in relation to the audience hearing position.

Time aligning the back line to the PA....forget it....how do you set that up?...to what are you aligning things to? The Sub or the FOH speaker?

Any advice or perspective would be appreciated...
    -SAC,SAWStudioLite,Midi Workshop,SATLive, Reaper
    -SAC Host (24 channel): Various Laptops via Digiface into APPSYS Adat extenders into (3) ADA8000,(2) BCF2000 controllers, 1x64 resolution
    -SAC Host (32 Channel): Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz , 4 Gig DDR/800mz RAM, ASUS PK5PL-CM MotherBd,XP Pro SP3, RME Raydat, (4) ADA8000's
    -SAC Remote: Various Tablets via AMPED Router
    -SAW Host : Asus Laptop, i7 12g RAM

2. Default Re: Advice on setting up a Band in a corner stage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    Time aligning the back line to the PA....forget it....how do you set that up?...to what are you aligning things to? The Sub or the FOH speaker?
    In my opinion people notice sync issues with higher frequencies much more than with very low frequencies, so I would delay the FOH Main speakers to the drums. It might be only a few milliseconds but in that situation it will clean up the mix quite a bit.
    Use the Delay plug-in that comes with SAC. Bring down the Original Source volume all the way, making it a 100% wet delay. The delay presets have "feet" measurements next to each ms choice. If you don't have a tape measure with you simply estimate the distance.

3. Default Re: Advice on setting up a Band in a corner stage

One of my house gigs is set up like this, only a little worse because there are also three other connected rectangular rooms. I play to the 'pie' which in my case is where the dance floor is - the area in front of the stage. The PA is ground stacked on the floor at either corner of the front of the stage, and there is a tremendous bass trap where the drummer sits that you can actually visualize when standing there.

I get allot of volume right in front of the stage, and that space crams up so much that it sounds like someone threw a wet blanket over the PA. In previous years we used to put a small PA in the other rooms, but found that the whole bar scene works better with the one focused area allowing people to mingle out get out of the loud zone if they want to talk or whatever.

Name:  IMG_20180525_223309.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20180525_230001.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  95.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20180630_225155.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  69.2 KB