Close

Blog Entries

Default SAC Output Record Buses

Hello,

In a previous SAC posting cgrafx made a comment about using the SAC RecordBuses.

I have checked out both the SAW and SAC User manuals and, at least to me, there is little information that assists or makes sense to me here.

A posting from AlanH helps a bit: RecordBus assignment

I have attempted Bob's suggestion, "1) Assign all input chans you are using to master out bus 1 and 2. Then use master out fader 1 for your main outs and then use master out fader 2 as the level for your record bus output. Each master gets assigned to one of the two out options." which I have done in SAC.

The SAW User Manual states: "If using SAC version 4.0 or higher, you will also have the option to choose any of the 8 SAC Output Record Buses."

Update: As a point of interest, I am unable to select SAC channels above 106. So channels 107 to 120 and Sac-RecordBus 1 to 8 are non-selectable.

The SAC User manual states: "Each of the SAC Master Outs and Aux Master Outs on all mixers can also be assigned to one of 8 Record Buses as well as Device Outs. This allows you to direct outputs for record as well as inputs. SAWStudio 5.5 adds the SACLink Record Bus functionality to the record meter input assignment menu. These assignments must be made manually. They will not automatically export to SAWStudio with the Import SAC Mix Data function. Simply assign a mixer output to one of the 8 record buses and then arm a track in SAWStudio and assign the record meter input to the same record bus."

I am using SAC 4.4 and SAW 5.6.

However, I "seem" to be unable to select any of the Sac-RecordBus # assignments in SAW and wonder what it is that I am doing wrong?

Update: As a point of interest, I am unable to select SAC channels 1-7 to 120, and Sac-RecordBus 1 to 8.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 07-21-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Other issues...

Default Re: SAC Output Record Buses

Hi,

same problem here. SAC channels 107 to 120 and SAC-RecordBus 1 to 8 are not usable in SAW Studio lite 5.6. They are not greyed out, but if I click on them, the channel display in the recording meter doesn't change. Any news about that?