Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: OT: Virtualisation versus Dual Boot for SawStudio Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    OK, nice thread, here :-)
    I hadn't done the 15 things. That vid is pretty interesting...I had only done a couple of them.
    I killed Cortana early on, but it is still lurking in Task Man/Processes/Background processes as Cortana (2)
    lots of other Bkgrnd Ps I am not sure about, like 6 NVIDIA Container instances :-/

I gotta solve my issues asap....work beckons!
    I haven't gone back to review the whole thread so this may not be pertinent but...

You may want to uninstall the Nvidia package and reinstall choosing custom and *only* install the driver. Skip all the other stuff. (I can't remember if the windows WMI thing is an option, you may have to install that along with the driver).

It may help.

Blog Entries

Naturally Digital,
    You may want to uninstall the Nvidia package and reinstall choosing custom and *only* install the driver. Skip all the other stuff.
    ...Very good suggestion here!!

I googled the multiple instances of NVIDIA Containers...according to How To Geek, it is par for the course :-)

Blog Entries

Hello,

I simply do not get it with the sizes of the drivers nowadays....the NVidia drivers I just installed came to over 600MB's!!!
    * Use "custom" and "clean install" every time wit this one. Interestingly, on all of my AMD video cards, I can still use a manual install...not so with NVidia - very fussy at times.

I stated out working in computing writing printer drivers in assembler back in the early 1990's...and we thought back then that 2KB's was a lot!!

I see that the latest RME HDSP drivers come to 26.2MB's.

"Software-bloat" is definitely an appropriate term here!

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    I googled the multiple instances of NVIDIA Containers...according to How To Geek, it is par for the course :-)
    I don't use Win10 but you might be able to disable them at the boot using msconfig or whatever the Win10 equivalent is.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

I simply do not get it with the sizes of the drivers nowadays....the NVidia drivers I just installed came to over 600MB's!!!
    * Use "custom" and "clean install" every time wit this one. Interestingly, on all of my AMD video cards, I can still use a manual install...not so with NVidia - very fussy at times.

I stated out working in computing writing printer drivers in assembler back in the early 1990's...and we thought back then that 2KB's was a lot!!

I see that the latest RME HDSP drivers come to 26.2MB's.

"Software-bloat" is definitely an appropriate term here!
    staggering, eh?! It doesn’t make much sense. The legacy drivers for GeForce 10 series I just set off DLing is 395MB