Hello all. As I'm not in a position to have a separate computer exclusively for SawStudio, I'm looking for the best way of still being able to use the program on a new computer I'm planning which, otherwise, for all forms of Internet access, would be running Windows 10.

I know that many of the good folk here say it's perfectly possible to run SawStudio satisfactorily under Windows 10 (although, according to what I read in this forum, there seem to be tricky problems with accessing the SawStudio 'help' file, for instance). But I had thought of using a Dual Boot setup, with SawStudio continuing to operate under XP, as possibly a better option.

My local computer experts, however, suggest that using Windows 10's Virtualisation facility could be a better way to go. I've looked at a few descriptions of how Virtualisation works and, although I'm no technical expert, it does seem a promising approach.

One particular question I have, though, arises from the statement I've read in one description, that the use of Virtualisation requires a 64-bit edition of Windows 10 Pro. As I understand it (at a very basic level!) SawStudio is a 32 bit program. Does this have any relevance to whether it will work in such a Virtual setup?

And a wider question, for anyone here who does have experience of using the Virtualisation option: are there any special minimum requirements for the specification of a computer running such a setup, with SawStudio Basic, under XP, on the 'virtual' machine?

With thanks as always