Close

Thread: WIN10 Tweaks

Blog Entries

Default WIN10 Tweaks

Hello,

To keep the other post from going further and further south, I thought I might start a new thread here. This "stuff" is not in any particular order.

Have a peep at this one: 15 Windows Settings You Should Change Now!
    * Note: Can you imagine having your computer look to other computers for updates and then having them do the very same with you!! This is incredible!!

One thing for sure, use a local account.
    Stop using Cortana.
    * Note: An interesting term that has come up very frequently is "respawning" - or, "An instance of a character in a video game reappearing after having been killed." Interesting!!!
    Here is a good one: O&O ShutUp10
    The Pro version does allow you to do much, much more than the Home edition.
    FYI: On a subsequent reboot, the system has "perked-up" quite a bit. Also, I disabled over 90 new items during this initial testing!!
    * This "perkiness" is quite evident in just how the F-Keys views respond. Prior to the tweaks, the F-Key views seemed as if each F-Key view had to be redrawn - now they just "snap".
    How to give WIN10 actual borders: WIN10 Borders
    Important Note and disclaimer: I have been able to successfully disable all WIN10 updates! Now, I am not saying that you should do this, but previously I have been unable to successfully do this - at least for my own purposes. At present, I am unable to even perform a manual update.

Shortcut Properties
    General tab: Advanced > File Attributes: Disable both
    Shortcut tab: Select Advanced > Enable: Run as administrator
    Compatibility tab > Settings > Select: Reduced color mode > 16-bit
    * Helps to improve F-Key view navigation

Yamicsoft Windows 10 Manager: A great utility!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 08-01-2018 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Further tweaks