Close

Default Speaker cone repair....

Hey doods!

I'm attempting to repair a speaker cone using Flex Seal***8482;. Crazy enough to work????

It takes 24 hours to cure. So I'll know by tomorrow afternoon.

I tried to upload photos, but the photo uploader doesn't seem to be working.

--------------------------------------------- Day 2 -------------------------------------

I tested the speaker and it really sounded like crap. It turns out there was a much more severe tear on the underside BELOW the center cone. This tear covered the entire circumference of the speaker cone. In other words, the top half completely separated from the bottom half. So I put some weight on the cone and "glued" the underside with more Flex Seal. That was two days ago. I'll check the speaker today and will post results.

Photo manager still not working...

--------------------------------------------- Day 4 -------------------------------------

Hey doods!

I think this is going to work! I'm going to use this monitor wedge with a rock band tonight. I'll let you guys know if the speaker holds up.

https://youtu.be/y9NjItNxXrM

------------------------------------------ Day 5 post gig ---------------------------------

FAIL. I hit the monitor wedge pretty hard at sound check and it failed immediately. That said, that cone was in really bad condition (completely separated from the driver). I think the Flex Seal would work for normal rips or tears.
    Last edited by Donnie Frank; 08-19-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    DF

http://soundaddy.com

Intel DG965OT Motherboard (11/17/08) - Intel P4 LGA-775 651 (Cedar Mill) 3.4GHz CPU
    2.0GB 800Mhz RAM - 40GB Intel X25-V SSD - 500GB SATA "Spinner"

RME HDSP 9652 (x2 - 1 spare) - Behringer ADA8000 (x5 - 2 spares)
    CM MotorMix (x3 - Host system) - Behringer BCF-2000 (Remote system)