Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What is the best way to interface SAC to a Yamaha M7CL?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Follett View Post
    I went with Dante a few years ago and never looked back. I did an experiment with SAC, DVS, and a laptop. Sac saw the channels from DVS and it worked just fine.
    Our church has decided to move ahead with the Dante solution using SAC. I just saw that the new 64 bit version of SAC has been released. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could give me some suggestions on some good motherboard/cpu options to run the new SAC 64 bit on win10. I will need to use a high channel count, at least 64 channels at 48k sample rate. I understand tha more CPU cores = worse performance. It has been quie a while since I have put together a PC co I am not familiar with the current offerings of CPUs and motherboards. Also, I am wanting to use a 2560x1080 monitor if possible.

Blog Entries

Nathan,

Check out what cgrafx is using. Also get the LTSB version of Windows 10.

Any Intel motherboard would be just fine, i5, 8GBs-16GBs RAM, integrated video.

Have a look at the Intel BOXDH61WWB3 LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX, [Click_me]

Or, you can obtain a used Dell OptiPlex 9000 series that would more than do the job.

So we finally bought the TIO1608-D units and the Yamaha Acclereator card, and yesterday I got everything talking.
    I am trying to figure out how to control the preamps at this point. Anyone got any suggestions? I would love to be able to control them from inside SAC, but we will also need to be able to control them from a standalone PC at the FOH position as well. Right now I can't get any signal through at all and I am assuming that it is because all the preamps are zeroed out by default?

R- Remote is not working as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Parrow View Post
    If R-Remote is not working then something else is wrong. Perhaps an IP address mismatch between your TIO and computer? You can use DHCP with Dante, but I find doing hard IP assigns almost always works best especially if you're not just using a Yamaha console and all RIO or TIO units. The manul shows you how to set the IP with the dip switches and the various modes.

Once I have that squared away I would run Dante Controller on the PC and make sure all the units, including the PCIe card show up. If they don't, something is wrong and you need to sort that out first. Only once I have all that squared away would I worry about R-Remote.

I have't touched SAC in years but I don't think it has a way to control those Preamps directy in the software. You will need to use R-Remote for that and get all that working.

Also I've never use the PCIe card. So while I would expect that card just appears as another NIC on your Dante Network and all the control software operates thru that card, I am not sure about that. I would also make sure to plug in the standard RJ45 network port on my computer running the R Remote software as well as that Dante PCIe card. They should all plug into the same switch. And they will all need their own unique IP address, which again I find works best to set by hand.

All that information like IPs and unit IDs, etc should show up in Dante Controller.

Good luck.
    Richard B. Ingraham
    RBI Sound
    http://www.rbisound.com
    Email Based User List: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/sac_users/

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Parrow View Post
    R-Remote should work, but the whole thing is a little bit tricky.
    The most important thing is to notice that the TIO features two different IP addresses, one for Dante (configurable in Dante Controller) and one for the control ( configurable using the dip - switches at the back and two switches at the front ( 'unit - id' and 'quick -config').

I've programmed a SAC plug-in (for SAC32) that controls the TIO preamps ( gain, 48V ).
    I've also tried control using SAC's hw - interface section ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaVdNlkH8BA ) but noticed some strange behaviour of the Hw- Interface in SAC.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Ok. So I think we got the Dante issues mostly worked out. We have audio coming through the system now. I have been trying all day to get the Behringer X-Touch to work with SAC. All the forum posts about it indicate that it should work with the Mackie HUI preset. I can't get it to do much of anything with that one. The Baby HUI seems to work for the very basic functions, but not for the scribble strips, or even the main fader. Only the 8 faders and the pans really do anything. Ideas?

Try the Mackie MCU Protocol and use those templates... that should give you full functionality.

Bob L

Did you set the correct mode on the x-touch?
    I've one x-touch and one x-touch extenter working without any problems. I'm using their network-connection.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Try the Mackie MCU Protocol and use those templates... that should give you full functionality.

Bob L
    Bob,

I was able to get that to work, but the scribble strips are still not working, and the master fader keeps jumping back to the bottom of the control surface every few seconds. The other faders work great along with the pans, mutes, etc.