Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Not a question, but a statement

I've been a SAW user since 1996 and have loved every minute of it. Still do! Just out of curiosity, I've been checking out a few other DAWS out there, namely, "REAPER" and Harrison" MixBuss" . Well, they are both very attractive and seem to offer a great deal but the thing that just stops me from ever leaving SAW and going with one of these is how much faster and more intuitive SAW is and always has been. Having to look at separate envelopes for the various kinds of automation is just silly, when SAW shows you all of it on one track, one at a time with a filter or all at once, makes so much more sense. Why should I have to select a write, read, touch mode etc. for automation? Silly. SAW may be an older design but it was always ahead of everyone else and, in some ways, still is. Kudos, once again, to Bob Lentini, for coming up with a DAW that is STILL the easiest to use and sounds so good! Thank you, Bob. I will be a SAW user forever.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Not a question, but a statement

demodoc,

"non potrei essere più d'accordo con te ..." or "Je ne peux pas être plus d'accord avec toi..." or "Ich kann dir gar nicht mehr beipflichten..."

I do not use SAW anywhere near what you or others do...but I sincerely believe that Bob has really thought out this whole process from beginning to end.

I started out using an Atari with Steinberg's Pro 24 - then going through the various Cubase iterations. Then I came across SAWStudio and all I heard was "what an ugly over expensive piece of software". Contacting many of the those that made such statements, I discovered that none of them had actually used the software - and therefore, were basing their opinion entirely on "looks and price" alone. It appears to be the same even today. Of course, nowadays, such folks can add "being only 32-bit" to their list of their dislikes. And yet, they still have never tried it out for themselves.

In the end, I will be as you are demodoc, and will be a SAW and SAC user "for-ev-er". I really see no need to change.

Thanks again Bob for all of your great works and efforts - and thanks demodoc for the posting! What a great way to start the day!

As I recently said to someone who made fun of SAW and said "it hasn't been updated in years" etc., "Hey, it still has four wheels and still goes down the road"
    Every time I look at any other DAW, I appreciate all the features etc but the clunkiness of the design, all the un-needed steps you have to go through and wasted screen real estate, I run screaming and right back to SAW. And I hate all the nodes etc for automation....just move a fader, as you would in the real world, and it's done for God's sake!

Clunkiness... yeah.
    I have had a similar experience. There is a logic and flow to SawStudio operation that I am comfortable with. Maybe it's just because I used it before any other DAW, but in any other platform there are things that are simple and direct in SAW that require complex workarounds in other things. Don't get me started about the complexities of file export from Sonar, for example. On that platform, I all to often have to work to "outsmart" it to get what I need. The audio part of it just feels messy.

We may not use SAW forever. It's most important potential weakness is that, AFAIK, it lives only as long a Bob does, and none of us knows how many days we have on this Earth. Of course, we all hope that Bob will "Live long and prosper".
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Me too, I completely agree
    The way SAW Studio automation is handled compared to the others is the dealbreaker AFAIAC

I have tried training some recent grads up to do the audio mixing that I do with SAW. Most of them know Logic.
    These guys I amtalking about have never seen automation like SAW before
    it is pure genius

Waveform height zoom is the other dealbreaker...um, I don't see any other DAWs display waveforms as nice as SAW; especially soundfile view. Would I like to change the colors? Sure....but the functionality is second to none.
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Quote Originally Posted by demodoc View Post
    As I recently said to someone who made fun of SAW and said "it hasn't been updated in years" etc.,
    In many ways Saw has been way ahead of many of the other DAWs. I laughed when a few years ago Pro Tools was bragging about some of their latest features (many of them have been in Saw for at least 10 years). There is no reason to update something that already has so many great features - it's rock solid and you don't have to jump through loops to install it. 64 bit will come in due time but personally it doesn't matter to me. Compared to all the other DAWs out there SAWStudio is nearly bug free.

Blog Entries

Tim,
    In many ways Saw has been way ahead of many of the other DAWs.
    ...Great points, Tim!

So is 64 bit in the works for SAWStudio? Bob????

Blog Entries

demodoc,

Yes it is, do a search-or-two...

Have a peep at this one...Re: What happened to SAC?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    demodoc,

Yes it is, do a search-or-two...

Have a peep at this one...Re: What happened to SAC?

Wonderful!! Thanks.