Close

Default Dynamics threshold setting

One of the great conveniences in SawStudio is the ability to watch indicator lines in the hot track when setting compression threshold. Yesterday I was working on a mastering session, and those lines did not appear when I was adjusting the compression threshold. Everything else about the compression worked fine, so far as I could tell. I tried closing and opening the session, closing and reopening SawStudio, even re-booted the computer more than once. None of these things helped.

Is there something else I might be missing here?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

Default Re: Dynamics threshold setting

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    One of the great conveniences in SawStudio is the ability to watch indicator lines in the hot track when setting compression threshold. Yesterday I was working on a mastering session, and those lines did not appear when I was adjusting the compression threshold. Everything else about the compression worked fine, so far as I could tell. I tried closing and opening the session, closing and reopening SawStudio, even re-booted the computer more than once. None of these things helped.

Is there something else I might be missing here?
    Long shot, but: make certain the playback cursor is over a region with audio, and that playback is stopped and the engine is not running. Under those conditions, if you're on the hot track you should see the compression lines when adjusting the threshold. Otherwise, I'm stumped.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.