Close

Default Asio I/O mapper/router ???

It's been a really long time since I've had to ask a question of you good folks. But, here I am hoping for some help.

I am regularly in a concert venue that uses Pyramix/Ravenna as the interface. I can get connected and record, but I have no way to monitor or route outputs to anywhere other than their d/a's, which are in another room and not accessible. (long story, so just take my word for it.)

So, I need an ASIO mapper/router (?). I need to be able to route inputs from one ASIO device to the outputs of a different ASIO device. Such as. I need to be able to input from Pyramix/Ravenna into Saw, do a mix internally, live, and send it out to one or several outputs of my RME interface. I also need to loop back the mix to Saw so that I can have a rough live mix for the client.

I had seen some software years ago that did this, but can not find it now. It may no longer be supported.

I am looking at Synchronous Audio Router http://sar.audio/ Does anyone have any experience with it? Wil it do what I need to do?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Scott

Default Re: Asio I/O mapper/router ???

Perhaps you should experiment with SAC... use it as a main console... input the signals to SAC... route signals, process and mix to your hearts content, and record on the same machine running SAWStudio with the SACLink in the background... you record dry unprocessed tracks in SAW while you eq, compress, reverb and create multiple monitor mixes in SAC. You can even route complete mixes to FOH or stage monitors or video cameras all at the same time.

Bob L

Not sure if I understand your needs, but I've been using ASIO Bridge for a while to re-order ins and outs, and it seems very solid.

Go halfway down this page: https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

It's donationware.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Perhaps you should experiment with SAC... use it as a main console... input the signals to SAC... route signals, process and mix to your hearts content, and record on the same machine running SAWStudio with the SACLink in the background... you record dry unprocessed tracks in SAW while you eq, compress, reverb and create multiple monitor mixes in SAC. You can even route complete mixes to FOH or stage monitors or video cameras all at the same time.

Bob L
    Sorry to be slow getting back. I'm building a "house" and it's kept me busy.

I use SawStudio in live mode, and it's been great for years. I do location recording with it. Though, I've been thinking about doing just as you suggest, for other, various reasons.

The problem isn't enough mixes. The problem is that ASIO will not allow me to send the signal outside of one ASIO driver (does that make sense?) If I use an RME interface, I *have* to stay within *that* interface. In this case, the Pyramix/Ravenna - I only have access tot he A/D's, I do not have access to the D/A's in the Ravenna, so that I can monitor my inputs. It records just fine, but I have no way to hear *anything*. I just have to mix it later.

I need something that will allow me to record from the Ravenna and monitor through the RME.

Am I making sense?

Thanks
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Not sure if I understand your needs, but I've been using ASIO Bridge for a while to re-order ins and outs, and it seems very solid.

Go halfway down this page: https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

It's donationware.
    Thanks Dave.

This may be what I need. I have to look closer to see.

Scott

Since I'm not a SAC user, I don't know that this is doable, or if it's what Bob's suggesting (I'd think not), but I wonder if you could open one ASIO device in SAC and the other in SAW, then use the link between the programs to achieve what you're trying to do. My guess is that's not possible, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts