Close

Blog Entries

Default OT: New Speaker System

Hello,

Due to "age constraints" and being a one-person show, I am having to be practical and to downsize a bit. I have, as a result, opted for one of the "line-array" systems.

This one is from Turbo Sound: IP2000.

Attachment 2834

Have a peep: Turbosound iNSPIRE iP2000 | Good Sounds Review, at 2:48
    Last edited by mr_es335; 10-07-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Default Re: OT: New Speaker System

How does it sound/compare sonically?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,

The initial tests that I have done are very promising.

I tried a Bose system, as well as the EVOLVE 50 and prefer the IP2000 over those two.

One thing you might want to consider is "service" Things do break and having local service goes a long way. I won't/can't work on Bose because they will not sell me parts or give me service literature. A number of companies have gone to regional service centers. Not good when you have to pack it up and drive it 150 miles to get it serviced.
    You might consider QSC speakers, well built and their warranty and service is outstanding. 5 to 6 year warranty on most of their stuff. They have OK'd warranty on units that were clearly the customers fault, ie dropping a sub and cracking the speaker magnet. Another note is SAVE the receipt. Being in Kentucky I don't know what the major brands, etc. are in your area but it pays to know your "tech" and repair facility.
    S. Lewis
    Audio-Video Electronics
    Mountain View Recording

Blog Entries

Steve,
    One thing you might want to consider is "service"...
    ...good point, and that is why I prefer Yorkville...at least here. I deal al lot with Long & McQuade and they manufacture these speakers and rent them out as well...so there is always a speaker system available. I really like my PS10p's and hate to let them go.

Someone did suggest that I use a single speaker. The only concern is coverage/disperson. Any thoughts on this?