Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: October 2018 - Least Expensive Laptop Capable of Running SAW Basic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    I think they are decent because they are $1,750. I was looking to spend $500-600, tops. Thanks, anyway.
    They are not $1750.

I posted just two of a ton of listings from eBay along with their pricing both were under $600
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Thumbs up Almost A Year Later, I FINALLY Bought A Laptop

So I ended up with a Lenovo ThinkPad 11e 11.6" Business Laptop with Intel Dual-Core i3-6100U 2.30GHz, 8gb RAM, 256GB SSD, blah blah blah, and Windows 10 Professional. Of course, after all the stress and doubt and second-guessing (not to mention all the whining to you guys about this since last October), the thing is just fine...in fact, it's way better than just fine. It's freakin' fantastic compared to what I had before, and SAW Basic runs absolutely great on it. Even the resolution worked out, thanks to Bob.

I am so tired of all the noise people make online about how everything sucks and this week's model is always better than last week's model and you should NEVER buy this or that. It has become almost impossible to purchase anything without instant buyer's remorse. I will tell you, though, aside from a little bit of disappointment in how the battery is performing during this first charge cycle, I have nothing at all bad to say about this little machine.

Tonight, I took it to the beach, put on my headphones, and edited a whole bunch of voice-over tracks for an upcoming project. For the first time in several years, I didn't resent having to work instead of being at my favorite late afternoon beach - because I was able to do both at the same time! It was heaven...until the bugs started attacking and making my legs bleed. (Hey, Bob...can you do something about THAT in the next update?)

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your patience and your assistance. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Default Re: Almost A Year Later, I FINALLY Bought A Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    <SNIP>It was heaven...until the bugs started attacking and making my legs bleed. (Hey, Bob...can you do something about THAT in the next update?)
    Bob does his best to catch all the "bugs" in his software already. And he's probably got a plugin available for your specific "leg bugs".
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Blog Entries

Good day,

And he's probably got a plugin available for your specific "leg bugs".
    ... If not, you can obtain the plug-ins "Particulate Revulsion Output Tools" - or "Pro Tools" for short and which, when enabled, and with proper configuration, will emit a specific frequency only heard by those so configured. Has been known however, to melt the batteries of anyone using Mac Books within a 30' radius - no matter how the plug-in is configured.

PS: Ironically, to those of you who were trying to get me to purchase a refurbished laptop, it turns out my brand spanking NEW Lenovo ThinkPad has a battery issue. I've spent every day since that last post I wrote fighting with Lenovo tech support over it. As much as you all know I love this laptop, it has been nothing but trouble since that first day I described earlier.

Lenovo has finally agreed to send me a new battery, so hopefully by this Tuesday, everything will be OK again. If not, the whole unit is going back to Amazon and, since no one else seems to have this model anymore, I'll be back here on the SAWStudio Forum hounding you guys for advice again. Probably for another year or so.