Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Recording Internal Audio

Hello,

Can someone please provide me with a brief explanation - if possible, of recording the output of, say fooBar or Windows Media Player.

What I require is to be able to record the output from a program called ChordPulse.

PS: I have yet to record anything using SAWStudio as of yet - so please be gentle!

Thanking all who can assist me.

Default Re: Recording Internal Audio

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Hello,

Can someone please provide me with a brief explanation - if possible, of recording the output of, say fooBar or Windows Media Player.

What I require is to be able to record the output from a program called ChordPulse.

PS: I have yet to record anything using SAWStudio as of yet - so please be gentle!

My office/test desktop uses an older Audigy soundcard, which relies on the Windows mixer applet for routing.
    If you have something similar (Realtek onboard audio, for instance), there's often a setting in the windows applet for "what you hear", or "stereo mix".
    You can find the options by right-clicking your speaker icon in the lower right corner of your pc's task bar - choose recording devices to enable the choice.

Assuming that's doable in your case, then set SAW's audio driver model (under Options) for Standard multimedia and 24 bit WDM Compatible Multimedia.
    Then in Audio Device settings, choose the what you hear, or stereo mix option as your input and your soundcard speakers for your output.

That should be all you need, but there are many opportunities for gotchas, as you probably can guess with Windows.

Another option might be to physically route your pc's output to it's line input.....

Blog Entries

UpTilDawn,
    ...there's often a setting in the windows applet for "what you hear", or "stereo mix".
    ...I do not see this option.

I have a Realtek internal audio device. So, no go on this method.

Thanks anyhow.

Right click on the speaker icon in the notification area (bottom Right)
    see what you have ALL of my computers have something like Stereo mix or What you hear
    I have once on a win 7 machine lost it but a reinstall of the sound card drivers got it back it was a Realtek on board sound card

I just today did this to get some crappy Utube audio for a talent show

Butch

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Bos View Post
    Right click on the speaker icon in the notification area (bottom Right)
    see what you have ALL of my computers have something like Stereo mix or What you hear
    I have once on a win 7 machine lost it but a reinstall of the sound card drivers got it back it was a Realtek on board sound card

I just today did this to get some crappy Utube audio for a talent show

Butch
    Absolutely! On Windows 7 machine, I had to do a similar thing once to get those two options to show up...... think I had to update my realtek drivers. Don't give it up 335, you should be able to get it to happen without too much fuss.

Not sure I am totally understanding your question, but I use a program called "Total Recorder" that will grab any audio off the desktop and give you the option of storing it as a .wav, .mp3, etc. I think there may be a free version, but the full version is only like $17.

Blog Entries

Hello,

Here is what I get:

Attachment 2608

Hello,

Here is what I get:

Attachment 2608
    And..........

have you looked at the recording devices?
    That's where you will be presented with the list of devices and the enable/disable buttons, or whatever your version gives you to choose with.

Hello,

Here is what I get:

Attachment 2608
    Simply assign foobar output to an unused output, then (if you have loop-back capability) then loop-back that output to an unused input, then assign SawStudio input to that unused input. I do that when I want to record source audio from the web (using Lynx L22 virtual loop-back features).
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Hello,

Hello,

This is what I use to capture and convert audio playing through my computer.
    http://www.nch.com.au/soundtap/index.html

V/r,
    Kevin.