Close

Default CAN NO LONGER SEE VIDEO ON VIDEO TRACK VIEWER

As you guys might know im a little slow at this stuff. I posted wanting to add video to saw many months ago. I finally was able to get a video into saw that coincidentally was the right length and time so it worked great. Excited i decided to start adding videos with lyrics for our church. Im planning to eliminate the need for someone to run easy worship for the congregation. After doing about 10 songs all of a sudden i could not see any videos in the viewer anymore. I went and checked the first one and i couldn't see that one either. What did i do wrong? I must have clicked or bumped something. I appreciate any help on this
    Rob

Default Re: CAN NO LONGER SEE VIDEO ON VIDEO TRACK VIEWER

I have found it is easy to corrupt the video track. I have never really found out what does it, but usually once it is corrupted it stays that way unless you either remove all clips from the timeline (this only works some of the time), or rebuild all the video clips on another layer.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Have you lost keyframe sync using MP4s? Are you looking at an empty layer in the SawStudio multitrack? I am an audio guy, I really don't do any video editing.

I only ever use the SawStudio video viewer with low res versions ( internet transfer speeds and online storage space is one main reasons we use low res) for getting (lip) sync right and/or to ensure the director approves of the audio edit to picture. I only use avi. I've never edited or comped video in SS. I get video edits/ comps from our video editors. The editors all use Premiere CC. They send MP4 reference videos which I then convert to AVI on my end. Sometimes there is some unseen issue in the MP4 and I have to request a new render from the video editor. Typically, if SS throws a "trouble opening file" of any description, that video must be replaced...it is never going to work.
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    Have you lost keyframe sync using MP4s? Are you looking at an empty layer in the SawStudio multitrack? I am an audio guy, I really don't do any video editing.

I only ever use the SawStudio video viewer with low res versions ( internet transfer speeds and online storage space is one main reasons we use low res) for getting (lip) sync right and/or to ensure the director approves of the audio edit to picture. I only use avi. I've never edited or comped video in SS. I get video edits/ comps from our video editors. The editors all use Premiere CC. They send MP4 reference videos which I then convert to AVI on my end. Sometimes there is some unseen issue in the MP4 and I have to request a new render from the video editor. Typically, if SS throws a "trouble opening file" of any description, that video must be replaced...it is never going to work.
    Thanks for the response, i am using avi i am making simple lyric videos for church on a program called videopad instead of using power point presentation. I have done everything i know to do and the viewer is not there. uninstalled reinstalled re booted closed out each box individually to see if its behind and it is no where to be found. Probably something simple but beyond me nonetheless

My guess is the video viewer prefs are set from an older display resolution which has since been changed and now the viewer is off the screen.

Go to the Native_Plugins folder under SAWStudio and delete the "SAWStudio_Fx_VideoTrackViewer.prf" file, then restart SAWStudio... hopefully the viewer will now popup onscreen when you open it.

Bob L

[QUOTE=Bob L;218002]My guess is the video viewer prefs are set from an older display resolution which has since been changed and now the viewer is off the screen.

Go to the Native_Plugins folder under SAWStudio and delete the "SAWStudio_Fx_VideoTrackViewer.prf" file, then restart SAWStudio... hopefully the viewer will now popup onscreen when you open it.

Bob L[/QUOTE
    Thanks Bob but i dont see a prf file, i see a dll file and another one that says PICS rules file

[QUOTE=Pastor Rob;218004]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    My guess is the video viewer prefs are set from an older display resolution which has since been changed and now the viewer is off the screen.

Bob L[/QUOTE
    Thanks Bob but i dont see a prf file, i see a dll file and another one that says PICS rules file
    Ok i just figured out a prf would be the pics rules file

[QUOTE=Pastor Rob;218004]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post

Bob L[/QUOTE
    thank you that did it!