I haven't seen anything new on this forum in a while, so I figured this quiet stretch might be a good time to ask one of my silly questions. Actually, now that I think about it, I have TWO.

1. I'm thinking about investing less than $500 in a laptop. I don't want to spend more than that because every single laptop I have owned in my life either burns itself out or becomes obsolete before I have gotten my investment's-worth out of it. This will be solely for working on small productions during my lunch hour at work.

These productions are telephone "message-on-hold" programs that involve four or five tracks (at the most) of voice-overs and music, all of which are pre-recorded in "real" studios. I simply need to edit voice-over tracks, then pop them into Multi-Track View and mix them with music. Although my productions are a bit more "involved" than the typical M-O-H recordings you hear on business phone systems, they don't involve a whole lot of resources from the computer. Heck, I did them the same way with SAWse and Windows 95, or 97, back in the old days.

So how little laptop power can I invest in to be able to run SAW BASIC without wanting to tear my hair out from lag or some other deficit? Is $500 realistic?

2. (BONUS QUESTION) In all the time I've used Basic, I haven't figured out how to completely wipe all regions on one track with a single keystroke. Instead, I've been deleting each region individually until all are gone. This takes too long and involves having to zoom in and out too much just to make sure all the regions are gone. You guys always seem to have the answers to these puzzles. Does anyone have a heart to share the answer to this one?

Thank you all!