Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Behringer UMC 404HD

Good day,

A question: "Is it possible for an audio interface to colour the audio of SAC?"

For instance, the ADA-8200 sounds wonderful with SAC. So, I surmised that the UMC 404HD using the mic pre's would be similar, if not identical to the ADA's. And this is what I believe that I am hearing.

However, the instrument input sounds "horrible" - especially with Overloud's TH3. I thought that it might be the Bose L1's - but testing out another audio interface proves that it is UMC that is at fault here. All that I can say is "Bummer man!"

Due to space limitations and such, I am looking for a 4-Channel USB audio interface - and there is not a whole lot to choose from. I mean the UMC was $150.00!!

So, I am now testing out a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - as the Scarlett 18i8 is not any available at the moment. And interestingly, at least what I believe that I am hearing, is not as nice as the UMC.

I mean, is it possible that SAC sounds so good it-and-of-itself, and that the other so-called better audio interfaces can actually have an adverse effect on SAC?

I have a gig coming soon and I thought that all was "good" - but now it is not.

So, any input - literally, would be very greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 10-28-2018 at 08:31 PM.