Close

Default Problem installing iZotope RX7 Standard

Has anyone successfully installed this in SawStudio? My RX6 installation is fine, and RX7 look similar in terms of the the dlls which appear in the plug-ins list, but clicking on the plug-in just gives a blank rectangle with the plug-in name at the top, rather than the actual interface.

Any thoughts welcome. (The Music Rebalance feature in the standalone application is quite impressive, by the way.)

Default Re: Problem installing iZotope RX7 Standard

Further to this, it's not a SAW issue per se, as the plug-ins aren't appearing properly in an old version of Cubase either. Both DAWs seems to know what size window is required for the interface, but the interface doesn't appear - just a blank rectangle. Again, any thoughts appreciated.

I have them working here, but I am wrapping the 64 bit versions using j-bridge.

Maybe try a reinstall? Also, Izotope plugins always have two DLLs for each single plugin.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Thanks Michael. Reinstalling doesn't seem to have done the trick, and other recently installed 32-bit plug-ins seem now to be suffering a similar lack of graphics, but only recent ones - others are fine (including iZotope RX6, with its doubled up dlls). My guess is they're looking for a system file that they're not finding and so don't display correctly. I did wonder if it might relate to the Microsoft C++ Redistributable that some plug-ins install, but a fresh install of those doesn't seem to have solved the problem. I have J-bridge, though, so I'll try wrapping the 64-bit versions.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I have them working here, but I am wrapping the 64 bit versions using j-bridge.

Maybe try a reinstall? Also, Izotope plugins always have two DLLs for each single plugin.
    i have the 32 bit version of Windows 7 and was unable to get RX6 to work in Saw so I use it in stand alone mode.
    Getting ready to buy RX 7 soon.

I have RX6 working fine in SAW, and now RX7, thanks to this from Brian at iZotope:

"In most cases, a blank user interface is the result of running the latest Windows 1803 update and using applications that utilize your display settings (e.g. screen recording or screen sharing apps). To troubleshoot this issue, use Task Manager and Startup Items to disable any software that may be using your display settings. Apps that have proven to cause this issue include Bandicam, Playstv and Duet Display."

I've uninstalled Duet Display and all my 32-bit apps are now working fine.

Tim - what problems did you encounter with RX6? I let the 64-bit plug-ins install to their default locations and directed the 32-bit ones to the SawStudio plug-ins folder. You end up with two ddls for each in the SawStudio VST folder, eg "iZRX6Deplosive.dll" and "RX6 De-plosive" dll. The software needs both to be there, but it's only the second one which works in Saw Studio.
    Last edited by andy cross; 11-05-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Good to know. I am glad you got it resolved.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by andy cross View Post
    I have RX6 working fine in SAW, and now RX7, thanks to this from Brian at iZotope:

"In most cases, a blank user interface is the result of running the latest Windows 1803 update and using applications that utilize your display settings (e.g. screen recording or screen sharing apps). To troubleshoot this issue, use Task Manager and Startup Items to disable any software that may be using your display settings. Apps that have proven to cause this issue include Bandicam, Playstv and Duet Display."

I've uninstalled Duet Display and all my 32-bit apps are now working fine.

Tim - what problems did you encounter with RX6? I let the 64-bit plug-ins install to their default locations and directed the 32-bit ones to the SawStudio plug-ins folder. You end up with two ddls for each in the SawStudio VST folder, eg "iZRX6Deplosive.dll" and "RX6 De-plosive" dll. The software needs both to be there, but it's only the second one which works in Saw Studio.
    Yeah Both DLLs are there but when I click to open them in SawStudio I get a message saying "Trouble Loading Plugin". I tried using the word pad method to link to the Steinberg folder and I also put the DX6 DLLs directly in the Saw VST plugin folder - neither worked. It was back in the spring time and Bob made some suggestions but I could not get it to work.
    I've been using RX6 in stand alone mode and it works great so I plan on buying RX7 shortly.

Both dlls appear in my FX Choices list, but only one will work in SAW. So, for example, trying to load "iZRX6Deplosive" gets the "Trouble Accessing Plugin!" response, but if I scroll down to "RX 6 De-plosive", that will load happily. The non-functioning dll does, however, need to be left in place in the plugins directory in which the functioning one is present - it seems both are required.

I think you'll find RX7 worth the investment. "Music Rebalance" has certainly made one client very happy by providing him with a backing track for a song he recorded back in the 60s.