Close

Default SAWStudio Store is hijacked and/or dead!

Hello again everyone!

Having stumbled across the news of a 64 bit version of SAW on the way, I went to have a look at how much SAW is now selling for (to see if I could guess how much the upgrade might be). Circuitous, yes.

Anyway, the link from the SAWStudio Website to the SAW Studio store gave me a number of dodgy sites including one that looked like iTunes which wanted me to install a Flash update and another which wanted me to install a Chrome extension. Now when I try sawstudiostore.com I get a 'buy this domain' page.

So something is wrong. Anyone know what?

Dominic

Default Re: SAWStudio Store is hijacked and/or dead!

Quote Originally Posted by DominicPerry View Post
    Hello again everyone!

Having stumbled across the news of a 64 bit version of SAW on the way, I went to have a look at how much SAW is now selling for (to see if I could guess how much the upgrade might be). Circuitous, yes.

Anyway, the link from the SAWStudio Website to the SAW Studio store gave me a number of dodgy sites including one that looked like iTunes which wanted me to install a Flash update and another which wanted me to install a Chrome extension. Now when I try sawstudiostore.com I get a 'buy this domain' page.

So something is wrong. Anyone know what?

Dominic
    www.SawStudio.com works just fine, aside from the flash player requirement. If you are seeing something else, its possible your computer has been compromised.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 9.33.08 AM.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  11.4 KB
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Bob has been making changes to his web presence. Contact via email may be your best option. There is a 'contact us' link on the RML page: http://www.rmllabs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    www.SawStudio.com works just fine, aside from the flash player requirement. If you are seeing something else, its possible your computer has been compromised.
    The SAWStudio Store doesn't use the SAWStudio site. It's a different URL, as per my post.

Quote Originally Posted by DominicPerry View Post
    The SAWStudio Store doesn't use the SAWStudio site. It's a different URL, as per my post.
    You didn't provide a url, just a statement.

But yes I see www.sawstudiostore.com has been hijacked, looks like more than a year ago by the domain registration date.

Guessing the domain lapsed and was picked up as most domains are these days by unscrupulous sorts looking to capitalize on unsuspecting users.

For the record, the store has really been offline for a long time as Bob has been going through reorganization.

All purchases as indicated by a couple of others need to be done directly by contacting Bob through RMLLabs.com
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    You didn't provide a url, just a statement.
    His statement was "Now when I try sawstudiostore.com I get a 'buy this domain' page." Does that not make it clear that the store uses a different URL than the URL you tried, Phillip? Tsk, tsk...

You tried the wrong URL. Be a man. Admit it.

Don't worry. We still love ya.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts