Good day,

As a young guitarist, I came across a guitarist that would change the way in which I approach the guitar and its music. That guitarist was Julian Bream. Back then, there were no computers - at least affordable ones, so there was no readily available means of watching him perform in order to discover just what in the world he was doing during his performances. This discovering all had to be accomplished - by ear. The only exception was during a live performance.

What I was to discover what that Mr. Bream used the area between the bridge and the fretboard equally as much as other guitarists use the fretboard itself. For example, with the right hand positioned near the soundhole - the tone generated is referred to as "natural". And with the right hand positioned near the bridge - the tone generated is referred to as "pontecello". And finally, with the right hand positioned over the fretboard and near the soundhole - the tone generated is referred to as "dolce". No one that I know of - even today, uses the guitar in this manner, except for Mr. Bream.

What is point in all of this? When I am playing either the nylon-strung or the steel-strung guitar, I have SAC running with me doing all of the tonal variations during a piece in a similar manner as that of Mr. Bream - even though I would never compare what I do to what he has done.

Now when it comes to the use of the electric guitar, my tonal variation now comes from the use of the Control Track. In one of the tunes that I perform, called "K.C.'s Blues", I have one TH3 preset for the verses and a second TH3 preset for the breaks. What I have come to love about SAW is that through the use of the Control Track, I can use the electric portion of my set almost as an instrument in-and-of-itself. I know that when I come to the break, the sound that I am expecting to hear and then use will be there - and more significantly, will be there without my intervention. The same goes for the return back to the verse. This makes live performance much more exhilarating and therefore, enjoyable.

So, thanks again Bob for your ingenuity in providing software that, in a very real-and-true sense, makes this software similar to using a musical instrument .