Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 64 bit SAW

Default 64 bit SAW

Bob, can you give us some idea of about when we might see the 64 bit version of SAWStudio? And will there be any other features added of any kind? I assume there will be an upgrade charge?

Thanks!

Default Re: 64 bit SAW

Quote Originally Posted by demodoc View Post
    Bob, can you give us some idea of about when we might see the 64 bit version of SAWStudio? And will there be any other features added of any kind? I assume there will be an upgrade charge?

Thanks!
    I can't speak directly to if there will be a charge for the update but I wouldn't assume there will be, at least based on previous history (I'd say maybe, maybe not).

Its possible there may be some SAC/SAW hardware functionality tied to the release since I know Bob has been working with at least one hardware mfg on some version of a packaged system.

Other than that I'm pretty sure there won't be functionality changes in the initial release.

Its enough work just to bring everything forward to 64-bit without adding additional work hunting down bugs introduced by new features.

I know speaking for myself, I'd be perfectly happy with a 64-bit version of everything as is.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of other users would also be very happy with just that update.

Lets get a stable 64-bit version and then Bob can look at updated feature requests.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

I am trying to get it ready for Christmas... I will first want to duplicate everything in its current design and make sure all of that is bug free... then I can start adding features in the future.

There will be an upgrade fee... it has taken me over a year to update the code.

I am trying to have all the details in a few weeks on the new website and online store.

Bob L

That's great news! Thank you Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I am trying to get it ready for Christmas... I will first want to duplicate everything in its current design and make sure all of that is bug free... then I can start adding features in the future.

There will be an upgrade fee... it has taken me over a year to update the code.

I am trying to have all the details in a few weeks on the new website and online store.

Bob L
    Thanks, that is all I need to know. I'll be happy to pay the upgrade fee!

PC

Sounds great, Bob, Congratulations on nearing the completion.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Thank you, Bob, for the great news. Will be putting together a new PC real soon.

Hap

That’s the only thing on my Christmas list.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by HapHazzard View Post
    Thank you, Bob, for the great news. Will be putting together a new PC real soon.

Hap
    Yeah. I already did that in anticipation of the upcoming update. I do have a question: will this new version work with both 64 bit and 32 bit plugins?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

It will be all 64 bit and require 64 bit plugins.

Bob L