Close

Thread: 64 bit SAW

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 64 bit SAW

Quote Originally Posted by Cary B. Cornett View Post
    I didn't even think about the compatibility of "legacy" SawNative plugins. Does this mean that with the 64 bit version of SS I will also have to buy new 64 bit versions of the native plugins? That could be a pretty serious obstacle to going for the update. I still need to know if jbridge will work for allowing 32 bit VSTs to work in the 64 bit version of SawStudio. I am fairly certain that my "go to" VST stuff will NOT be ported to 64 bit.
    That situation is probably going to happen for some older plugins however I will still opt for 64 bit as that is the standard for most plugins nowadays. FWIW, I have been purchasing quite a few VST plugins in the last few years come with a choice that is, you can elect to install 32 or 64 bit versions that is, a 64 bit version of the plugin is included in the purchase. This would mean I will have to reinstall them as 64 bit versions however not repurchase them.

I have a 64 bit version of Reaper I use for plugins that wont work in SAW. Reaper recognises all the plugins I have installed as 32 bit in Saw as I also install them as 64 bit elsewhere on the PC at the same time (for example, Waves and Slate plugins). Time will tell as to what is really needed The older plugins are a concern however I am finding I am using them less and less these days
    Last edited by Bruce Callaway; 11-28-2018 at 08:39 PM.