Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: 64 bit SAW

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tehachapi Ca.
    Posts
    514

    Default 64 bit SAW

    Bob, can you give us some idea of about when we might see the 64 bit version of SAWStudio? And will there be any other features added of any kind? I assume there will be an upgrade charge?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    1,016

    Default Re: 64 bit SAW

    Quote Originally Posted by demodoc View Post
    Bob, can you give us some idea of about when we might see the 64 bit version of SAWStudio? And will there be any other features added of any kind? I assume there will be an upgrade charge?

    Thanks!
    I can't speak directly to if there will be a charge for the update but I wouldn't assume there will be, at least based on previous history (I'd say maybe, maybe not).

    Its possible there may be some SAC/SAW hardware functionality tied to the release since I know Bob has been working with at least one hardware mfg on some version of a packaged system.

    Other than that I'm pretty sure there won't be functionality changes in the initial release.

    Its enough work just to bring everything forward to 64-bit without adding additional work hunting down bugs introduced by new features.

    I know speaking for myself, I'd be perfectly happy with a 64-bit version of everything as is.

    I'm pretty sure the vast majority of other users would also be very happy with just that update.

    Lets get a stable 64-bit version and then Bob can look at updated feature requests.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

  3. #3

    Default Re: 64 bit SAW

    I am trying to get it ready for Christmas... I will first want to duplicate everything in its current design and make sure all of that is bug free... then I can start adding features in the future.

    There will be an upgrade fee... it has taken me over a year to update the code.

    I am trying to have all the details in a few weeks on the new website and online store.

    Bob L

  4. #4

    Default Re: 64 bit SAW

    That's great news! Thank you Bob!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tehachapi Ca.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: 64 bit SAW

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    I am trying to get it ready for Christmas... I will first want to duplicate everything in its current design and make sure all of that is bug free... then I can start adding features in the future.

    There will be an upgrade fee... it has taken me over a year to update the code.

    I am trying to have all the details in a few weeks on the new website and online store.

    Bob L
    Thanks, that is all I need to know. I'll be happy to pay the upgrade fee!

    PC

  6. #6

    Default Re: 64 bit SAW

    Sounds great, Bob, Congratulations on nearing the completion.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fresno CA USA
    Posts
    936

    Default Re: 64 bit SAW

    Thank you, Bob, for the great news. Will be putting together a new PC real soon.

    Hap

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Portland, Maine U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,197

    Default Re: 64 bit SAW

    Thatís the only thing on my Christmas list.
    Michael McInnis Productions

  9. #9

    Default Re: 64 bit SAW

    Quote Originally Posted by HapHazzard View Post
    Thank you, Bob, for the great news. Will be putting together a new PC real soon.

    Hap
    Yeah. I already did that in anticipation of the upcoming update. I do have a question: will this new version work with both 64 bit and 32 bit plugins?
    Cary B. Cornett
    aka "Puzzler"
    www.chinesepuzzlerecording.com

  10. #10

    Default Re: 64 bit SAW

    It will be all 64 bit and require 64 bit plugins.

    Bob L

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •