Close

Default New desktop advice

My dell optiplex 650 starting to slow down and takes multiple restarts to find the sound card rme multiface ll. Is there a desktop windows 10 out of the box with slots for video card and rme sound card? Is it possible to copy everything off of old computer to new one easily, including plugins programs etc???

Blog Entries

Default Re: New desktop advice

Paul,
    My dell optiplex 650 starting to slow down and takes multiple restarts to find the sound card rme multiface ll. Is there a desktop windows 10 out of the box with slots for video card and rme sound card? Is it possible to copy everything off of old computer to new one easily, including plugins programs etc???
    ...Paul, I would love to assist you here, but some further information is warranted.

Q1: Is there a desktop windows 10 out of the box with slots for video card and rme sound card?
    R1: Yes, but make/model/money would be nice to know?
    Note: You can obtain used/refurbished Dell Optiplex series systems with Windows 10 Professional quite reasonably.

Q2: Is it possible to copy everything off of old computer to new one easily, including plugins programs etc?
    R2: Yes...it IS possible. But the real question is "Why would you want to even attempt or to even consider going this route?" There is simply too much going on. At the end of the day, what are a few hours of your time in contrast to the piece of mind of knowing you are starting off with a clean installation. To me, this is a great opportunity taking inventory of what software and plug-ins I "really-and-truly" require. This is also a great time to see just how good my contingency plan is.