Close

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ennis, Texas USA
    Posts
    424

    Default vst install problem - plug-ins not loading

    I know this has been dealt with before, I can't seem to find it. Sorry for dragging up another thread on it.

    I had to rebuild my DAW after a MB crash and moved from XP to W7.

    I can't seem to get my Rx3 plug-ins working. They are installed in the Sawstudio/vst plug-ins folder.

    They show up in the plug-ins menu, but I get a "trouble loading plug-in" error when I try to use them.

    Both 32 and 64 bit versions are installed (just as before).

    I know I'm missing something simple. I had them working before.

    Help a guy out?

    Thanks,
    Scott

  2. #2

    Default Re: vst install problem - plug-ins not loading

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I know this has been dealt with before, I can't seem to find it. Sorry for dragging up another thread on it.

    I had to rebuild my DAW after a MB crash and moved from XP to W7.

    I can't seem to get my Rx3 plug-ins working. They are installed in the Sawstudio/vst plug-ins folder.

    They show up in the plug-ins menu, but I get a "trouble loading plug-in" error when I try to use them.

    Both 32 and 64 bit versions are installed (just as before).

    I know I'm missing something simple. I had them working before.

    Help a guy out?

    Thanks,
    Scott
    Often better to let the installer install VSTs to their default locations, then use the SAW INI pointer capability to get 'em into SAW. In case you're not aware.

    I have no experience with RX3. And if you had 'em installed this way before, I'm out of ideas, sorry.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ennis, Texas USA
    Posts
    424

    Default Re: vst install problem - plug-ins not loading

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Often better to let the installer install VSTs to their default locations, then use the SAW INI pointer capability to get 'em into SAW. In case you're not aware.

    I have no experience with RX3. And if you had 'em installed this way before, I'm out of ideas, sorry.
    Thank you, Dave. Now all I need to do is figure out how to use the SAW INI pointer.

    It wasn't his hard before. I just know it. lol

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ennis, Texas USA
    Posts
    424

    Default Re: vst install problem - plug-ins not loading

    Okay. I finally got it working.

    I copied and pasted the .dll files from the Steinberg vst plug-ins (x86) folder into SawStudio VST plug-ins folder. I thought that I had done this earlier, but apparently I copied the wrong files.

    SP

  5. #5

    Default Re: vst install problem - plug-ins not loading

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Okay. I finally got it working.

    I copied and pasted the .dll files from the Steinberg vst plug-ins (x86) folder into SawStudio VST plug-ins folder. I thought that I had done this earlier, but apparently I copied the wrong files.

    SP
    D'oh! Glad you got it working.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •