Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default re-sizing mixer view SSL

I have updated my video card and had to reset all of my F-key views from memory. I am using dual monitor setup. As I am resetting my views I see I cannot vertically resize my mixer view or single channel (mixer view). Pulling on the corner only expands horizontally and not vertically. Both of my multichannel mixer and single channel mixer views only extend about half way down the monitor (all of the other views seem fully re-sizable). Frankly, I cannot remember if the mixer views were previously re-sizable but the current views don't look right. Should the mixer views be fully resizable? Am I missing something? My screen resolution in 1280 x 1024.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: re-sizing mixer view SSL

smp,

SAWStudio Lite has two mixer views, the Z Mixer and the F Mixer. May I ask which of these two views you are referring to?

The Z Mixer is adjustable both vertically and horizontally. The F Mixer is adjustable both vertically and horizontally - though the default is with the F Mixer maximized vertically.

I am referring to the F mixer (and the E mixer single channel)
    I just opened the default SawStudio FKey 1280x1024. The F mixer vertical maximum is only about 2/3 of the screen where all the other views (multitrack, soundfile, fx, etc) can be vertically sized to fit the entire monitor screen. Interestingly, the E mixer (single channel) in this preset is maximized vertically
    Thanks for your interest

Blog Entries

smp
    Interestingly, the E mixer (single channel) in this preset is maximized vertically. Thanks for your interest
    ... The [E Mixer] should actually display [Z Mixer].

Please perform the following:

1. Exit and re-launch SAWStudio Lite.
    Observation: Notice that the Zoom Mixer channel title bar displays [E Mixer].
    2. Close the E Mixer.
    3. Select: View > Zoom Mixer.
    Observation: Notice that the Zoom Mixer channel title bar now displays [Z Mixer].
    4. Select: The MultiTrack title bar.
    5. Select: [Shift + F1].
    6. Select: File > F-Key File > Save Default > OK.
    7. Close and re-launch SAWStudio Lite.

Does this resolve your issues?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-31-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    smp
    ... The [E Mixer] should actually display [Z Mixer].
    Just for clarity's sake, the E Mixer is a single channel strip. The Z Mixer can be expanded to display as many channels as can fill your work space. I don't recall the details anymore, but they are not the same thing. I know that the E mixer is designed to quickly bring up for a hot channel, make adjustments and then close out of sight. In SAW, it generally was/is displayed alongside the left edge of the MT view in many F-Key presets. For a long time, I believe the Z Mixer was not available to SAW Lite users (maybe until Bob introduced Basic) and the only large channel strip view was the E Mixer.

Blog Entries

UpTilDawn,
    Just for clarity's sake, the E Mixer is a single channel strip.
    ... Thanks for the clarification .. this is correct!

However, what I have noticed then is that the [E Mixer] is residing in the initial location of the [Z Mixer] on launch. This anomaly only occurs on the Lite and Basic versions.

What is interesting to note, is that if you double-click the [F Mixer] I-01 channel, the [E Mixer] jumps from the [Z Mixer] position on the left, to the [E-Mixer] location on the I-01 channel - which is what is supposed to occur, thus leaving the [Z Mixer] location as "empty".

Attachment 2910

UpTilDawn,
    ... Thanks for the clarification .. this is correct!

However, what I have noticed then is that the [E Mixer] is residing in the initial location of the [Z Mixer] on launch. This anomaly only occurs on the Lite and Basic versions.

What is interesting to note, is that if you double-click the [F Mixer] I-01 channel, the [E Mixer] jumps from the [Z Mixer] position on the left, to the [E-Mixer] location on the I-01 channel - which is what is supposed to occur, thus leaving the [Z Mixer] location as "empty".

It's not a matter of what is "correct". Correct is whatever Bob's default positioning is for the SAW F-Key files... in that sense.

The E Mixer default view when the MT is present has traditionally been to the far left edge of the MT. The Z Mixer view was added to the non-Full version later. Its default position appears to be that of the far left edge of the MT as well. If the E Mixer is already open in its default position, then opening the Z Mixer overlays it on top of the E Mixer. So, I guess if there's a "correct" position, then it is correct that the E Mixer is in view and the Z Mixer is overlaid, when called up.

I will grant you that double-clicking an F Mixer channel pulls the E Mixer over the channel, leaving a blank area where it was initially and does not return it to its default position upon closing it. A quick refresh of the F-Key of choice returns the E Mixer.

Blog Entries

UpTilDawn,

I gather then that it all depends on what view is to be in the far-left position - the [E Mixer] view or the [Z Mixer] view?

UpTilDawn,

I gather then that it all depends on what view is to be in the far-left position - the [E Mixer] view or the [Z Mixer] view?
    I assume that if a person saves an f-key with the z mixer in place of the e mixer and uses that saved f-key file, then the z mixer will always show up there. But the e mixer is there by default.

I think I recall Bob saying something before about the similarity between the two, but I don't remember when, how, why..... The e mixer is strictly a one-channel view. The z mixer can be expanded to multiples. That's the only real difference as far as I can tell.

None of this is answering the OP's question.
    I recognise the problem but I can't remember what causes it to happen - something to do with the background area not being maximised.

Perhaps a screenshot from the OP is in order to make the problem clear?

Dominic