Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Buildmix to File Template

Merry Christmas to all here at SawLand! Is there a way to save a template for building mixes? All my tracks are 24/96 but when I build mixes I am constantly changing the default rate 44.1 to 96 and resolution from 16 to 24 before I can buildmixes....I cant seem to save 24/96 as a default buildmix operation...Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Warmest Regards,
    Mike

Default Re: Buildmix to File Template

Quote Originally Posted by aludra View Post
    Merry Christmas to all here at SawLand! Is there a way to save a template for building mixes? All my tracks are 24/96 but when I build mixes I am constantly changing the default rate 44.1 to 96 and resolution from 16 to 24 before I can buildmixes....I cant seem to save 24/96 as a default buildmix operation...Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Warmest Regards,
    Mike
    There may be other ways to do what you want, but one way I just tested is to make the sample rate and bit rate settings that you prefer and save this as a new preference file found under the File Menu. If this 96/24 setup is the way you commonly make your sessions from the start, then maybe choose to save this as a Default Preference File. If it's not your default session setting, then simply save the 96/24 as a Preference File, which you can then open whenever you require it for a particular session.

After you've called up or opened a default session that is 96/24, the default settings for your Build Mix To New Soundfile operation should also show up as 96/24. I didn't test other build mix, or export file operations, but this one works for my test.

The session files/regions themselves do not need to be 96/24 in order for the build mix default to show up as 96/24, but the preference file settings do.

Thank you for your reply.....After opening up a 24/96 session...I build mix and set all the parameters the way I want, start a buildmix....escape...then resave the session and then save the default preference file....Yet it is still not saving with my (hopefully) default settings of 24/96 in the build mix window...It goes back to 44.1/16...I must still be doing something wrong...Thanks for any help
    Mike

Whatever your session settings are set to when you save the session should be retained... including the buildmix dialog settings... the session can be set to one samplerate and the buildmix to another and they should both retain when the session is saved... if not... are you sure your folder does not have read-only flags set... I have seen read-only modes be set in Win 7 and up when you copy folders from one machine to another... check it.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by aludra View Post
    Thank you for your reply.....After opening up a 24/96 session...I build mix and set all the parameters the way I want, start a buildmix....escape...then resave the session and then save the default preference file....Yet it is still not saving with my (hopefully) default settings of 24/96 in the build mix window...It goes back to 44.1/16...I must still be doing something wrong...Thanks for any help
    Mike
    It sounds to me as though you're not quite understanding my instructions - let me try to be a bit more clear.
    I wanted to use a screen shot here, but I am unable to create one of the menu items I want to show you, so I hope the explanation will be clear enough without the screen image.

1- After opening SAW, go to the File Menu/Preferences File and Save - give the file a name and this will save the current settings for future use, if you need to revert back to this. The Preferences Files contain most all global settings, including the preferred sample and bit rates.

2- Now go to the MultiTrack Menu at the top of the main window.
    There you will see options to set sample and bit rates, among other things. You may already be familiar with those settings - the point is, that you should set those to the 96k and 24 bit rates you desire, before even opening your session.

3- Now, before doing anything else, use the File Menu/Preferences File and Save this as a Preference File, also.
    Give it a name that will let you easily identify it as your 96k24b setting for future use.

4- You can also choose to next save this as the Default Preference File, which will open with these settings each time you start SAW. You can also choose to only apply these settings, when specifically working on a 96k session, if that is something you only do once in a while, by opening the file you saved in step #3.

________

5- Now, open your 96k/24b session. Double-check if you like to see that your sample and bit rates are still set to 96k and 24bit.

6- Try building a mix to a test section now and use Build Mix To New SoundFile, just to test my previously verified method. You should see that your sample and bit rates are exactly what you expect them to be - as in the screen shot -

Name:  buildmix.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  48.0 KB

I see Bob got a reply in while I was typing - do what Bob suggests...... he knows how SAW works pretty good.
    Last edited by UpTilDawn; 12-22-2018 at 05:11 PM.

That did it BOB!!!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you....That has been driving me crazy....Thank you UptillDawn for your detailed help...It is all so appreciated!! Cant wait for the 64bit version of my favorite software for the past 20+ years!
    Warmest Regards,
    Mike