Close

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SAWStudio (and Plugins) 64 Bit Bug Reports!

Not sure if this is a bug or not.

When I start play back and then open up a VST plugin I can not stop/start playback unless I close the plugin window and then click one of the view windows.

Seems to work here... remember... when you open a plugin wiondow, that becomes the active window and keystrokes and mouse clicks belong to that window... how are you trying to stop playback... if you right-click in the plugin titlebar area, then it can control playback... but not in the window itself.

Bob L

I'm getting some crashes when I go from one layer to another while playing. Second layer is empty. I sometimes switch to layer 2 to quickly remove a track from the mix and put it back. Not when stopped as far as I can tell. Hasn't happened with no plugins. My current edl is using Wavearts TrackPlug 5 on two tracks, plus Boz Labs's PanKnob and The Slate Digital VerbSuite Classics on return track 1. The MAAT Dynamic range Meter is currently on output track 1. That's all as I am just starting out on this project and it only consists of a few tracks. I suspect it is one of the plugins causing the issue because I couldn't get it to happen on a fresh edl with no plugins.

I created the same edl over again and added all the plugs one at a time, ending up with the same setup and no problems. As soon as I brought up the AUX 1 sends on the tracks so I could get some reverb, the problem reappeared. Then I turned off the aux sends but still have the problem. Weird, right? Tried removing all the plugs, still crashes.

Removed all regions then put them back and NO CRASHES!! Saved the EDL. Added the plugs back in, still no crash....yet.

Something is corrupting the edl somewhere along the way, right?

Ideas???
    Last edited by demodoc; 02-05-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Seems to work here... remember... when you open a plugin wiondow, that becomes the active window and keystrokes and mouse clicks belong to that window... how are you trying to stop playback... if you right-click in the plugin titlebar area, then it can control playback... but not in the window itself.

Bob L
    I am using the space bar with the plugin window active. I will try clicking in the title area.

5. Default Soundfile ASIO Driver Reset In Progress????

I'm running SS64e in Windows 10 using a Lynx AES16e Card. I process a Mix and that works fine ,but when I try to play back my mix in the soundfile I get: ASIO Driver Reset In Progress and then it immediately plays my Mix in the Multitrack window.I can build another mix and append it and there seems to be no hangups, it just won't play in the soundfile. Any thoughts?

Thank You

Okay, here's something odd.

If I open SS 64 and import an EDL created in SS 32, it imports fine. Save the session as SS 64.

If I then try to Blend another EDL created in SS 32, I get an error message: "Incorrect File Format! Possibly A Newer EDL Version."

Same thing happens if I don't save the new session before importing the second EDL.

Bob ...?

Roger

Correct... the import will convert older sessions to newer.. the Blend will not... you simply need to first import the older... save as newer, then blend the two newer sessions.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Good day,

I have discovered a potential issue with using the "Startup Command Line Options" with SAWStudio. The "Startup Command Line Options" work okay with SAC, however

SAWStudio Version 1.0e
    SAWStudio User Manual, Version 1.0
    Page 37, 3.2.1: Startup Command Line Options
    Example: C:\SAWStudio\SAWStudio.exe D:\Audio\Test\Test.edl
    My example: C:\SAWStudio64\SAWStudio64.exe C:\SAWStudio64\Audio\test.edl
    Note: I can access the file manually - but not through using Startup Command Line Options.

SAC Version 1.0b
    SAC User Manual, Version 1.0
    Page 31, 3.2.1: Startup Command Line Options
    Example: C:\SAC\SAC.exe D:\Mix-Sessions\Test\Test.mxs
    My example: C:\SAC64\SAC64.exe C:\SAC64\Mix\test.mxs

Note: Tested on two systems - same end result.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 02-25-2019 at 02:23 PM.

New update released... check the Announcements Section.

Bob L

I have been having an ongoing issue in SAW64 on mixdowns with lots of plugins. The symptom is that a few percentage points into the buildmix, SAW64 would appear to be frozen. The percentage of build meter would freeze and everything else in the SAW window. If I clicked, the window would go white and I would get the windows message that the program was not responding and did I want to shut it down. If I didn***8217;t click on the window, or chose not to shutdown the program, SAW64 would finish the mix and return to normal after completing the mix file. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to resolve the issue which apparently has been unique to my system.

Today I tried running SAW64 in Win7 compatibility mode, and it solved the issue. Win8 mode also works.

So, I am posting this just in case someone else stumbles on this issue.

Cheers!
    Last edited by MMP; 03-20-2019 at 04:25 AM. Reason: More info
    Michael McInnis Productions