Close

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: SAWStudio (and Plugins) 64 Bit Bug Reports!

The artist wants the tracks with the EQ and processing I have done so he can recreate the album live. He already has all the original waves, as he recorded those himself. I was hired as the mix engineer.

But as I said, worst case, I just have to solo each track and make a mix of it. I don’t think any of the songs has more than twenty.

I am pretty confident that now Bob has seen the issue, that a fix will come in short order. So, all good here.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Michael,
    ... Correct! But the wave files might be thought of as "the life rafts". Would it not be possible to mix down the waves and then work on these waves in the 32-bit version?

Note: By-the-way, there was no pun intended between "the wave files" and "the life rafts" - but it IS still interesting nonetheless.
    Michael McInnis Productions

New version is ready for download with the fix.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Bob,

Thank you for the speedy response and the fix! Much appreciated - as always.

Thank you Bob. That was quick! Works great.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

FWIW, I have found that the Glue64 bit plugin causes Sawstudio to max out MTLoad reading (99%) and slow/freeze Sawstudio. I used The Glue regularly in the 32 bit version with no problem however have only just tried using the 64 bit plugin and ran into problems. No biggie as I have other plugins that provide the same function.

Cheers
    Bruce

Try enabling Track Auto FX Bypass by right-clicking the track label with the Glue plugin on it... see if that fixes the problem... if so... then the plugin is having trouble with floating point math at infinitely small values and when there are blank spaces or silent sections of audio info, the math times start increasing logarithmically and take longer and longer to process... this sounds like what you are describing.

Bob L

When I record into the soundfile view, it starts on the timeline at about 4:30 for some reason. Once I play the file back it appears where it should at the beginning of the soundfile timeline. BUG??
    Last edited by demodoc; 04-10-2019 at 04:42 PM.

I'm having trouble with soundcard latency and VST plugins.

*partial fix* With Win10 and a full session the MT load in SAW reads 99%, but the task manager performance meter is around 15%. It's as if SAW64 is giving the performance reading of one processor. I've also found that I can't get the buffer size lower than 2048 using ASIO or Standard/Hi-Performance audio. I've tested this with both on-board audio and a USB device. I used to be able to run @ 128 with the 32bit version in Win7. *I'm now able to run 4 buffers with 64 samples.

-StevenSlateDrums5 closes Saw64 upon playback or live mode activation, but SSD4 works.

*fixed* -Random crashes are occurring with iZotope plugins, but they are mostly stable. *Trash 2 installs a DirectX version of the plugin. When opening a session with the VST version plugged in it corrupts the settings. I fixed this by removing the DX version from the registry.

*fixed* -MidiWorkshop has a bug where using the range selection via the bottom timeline ruler suddenly slips the hot track to one further down. *This is caused by Windows display scaling. The issue is not present at 100% scale.

-MidiWorkshop doesn't have a mouse wheel inc/dec track option like SS does.
    Last edited by matt; 05-10-2019 at 07:17 AM.

I am finding that SAW64 almost always shows 99% on the multitrack load meter, even though I can continue to load numerous plugins after it reaches 99%. I do believe something is wrong there.

I am running all izotope plugins successfully...I haven*t noticed them being particularly unstable. They are both CPU & memory intensive, though.

The difference in buffer size may just be a difference in your sound card*s 64 bit driver over it*s 32 bit one. Are you using the latest?

I don*t have the Slate plugins and hardly ever open MidiWorkshop, so can*t help at all there.
    Last edited by MMP; 04-29-2019 at 04:25 AM.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Blog Entries

matt,
    MidiWorkshop has a bug where using the range selection via the bottom timeline ruler suddenly slips the hot track to one further down. This drastically hinders workflow.
    ..I am having no issues here...
    MidiWorkshow doesn't have a mouse wheel inc/dec track option like SS does. This also impedes Workflow.
    ... if you are referring to [Shift+Wheel] - this is working as it should.

Not too sure about your other potential "issues".
    Last edited by mr_es335; 04-28-2019 at 01:49 PM.