Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
It seems like SAW64 doesn***8217;t like the 64bit driver of your card. Not sure what to suggest.
Thanks. Yeah it has me wondering if it's a service I've disabled or bios setting or is it common to HP machines?

Things are a little different on my laptop, an HP Elitebook 8560 w/i7 2670, Win7Pro64 and a RME Babyface Pro (USB)... This computer does see the internet and has windows security updates to present date. The RME driver is not the most current. The laptop/RME has been solid for a couple years doing cue list playback and other audio tasks. (using ASIO).

It did the lockup initially on first try after installing and running SAWStudio64. I killed the process and tried again without rebooting, played around with ASIO buffer sizes and it's been fine since. I tried rebooting but I can't get it to fail. Messed around with the buffer size some more, even tried 48 which worked. Back to 1024 and so on. Seems to be working now.

That's 1 out of 4 setups working with SAW64.

I should mention in all this testing I assign a pair of inputs to channel one and toggle Live mode on and off, play a file in the MT, back to Live mode, blast some F-keys, alt-tab to Totalmix or LynxMixer etc. I try and break it.

I have another laptop, an HP ZBook with fresh installs of Win7/64 and Win10/64 (dual boot)... In the next few days I'll install the Babyface and try SS64 on this machine.

I sure am curious to know what's causing this. Especially if it's something I'm doing when I set up my machines.