Close

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SAWStudio (and Plugins) 64 Bit Bug Reports!

MMP,

I was under the impression that using "Force Single CPU" was important?

I haven’t found it to be important on my system. But, I suppose on some systems it might help things. I would guess that is why it is an optional setting, instead of one set behind the scenes as a default.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    MMP,

I was under the impression that using "Force Single CPU" was important?
    Michael McInnis Productions

Michael... Force High Priority option may actually interfere more with some system threads... I would recommend using the Force Realtime Priority option... it will actually interfere less.

Bob L

OK. I will set it that way in my preferences. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Michael... Force High Priority option may actually interfere more with some system threads... I would recommend using the Force Realtime Priority option... it will actually interfere less.

Bob L
    Michael McInnis Productions

Blog Entries

Default Kontakt 6 Player Crash in SS and SAC

Good day,

SS 1.0g
    SAC 1.0d
    Kontakt 6 Player 6.0.4
    Can replicate the error on two systems.

Attachment 2973
    Last edited by mr_es335; 05-05-2019 at 10:30 AM.

I tried downloading the Native Instruments stuff... Kontakt 64 bit crashes my system also... but Komplete Kontrol works fine even when loading Kontakt within itself to play certain sample sets.... the 32 bit Kontakt seems to work in the 32 SAW... when I search the web I find lots of messages about Kontakt player crashing all kinds of different DAWS... so perhaps we might see an update shortly that will fix it on their end.

Not sure yet where the problem is... although I must say there are lots a web messages about Kontakt instability issues.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Bob,

Thanks for the update. Looking at the error message, the problem would appear to be on their side.
    Note: On an uninstall of Kontakt, on average there are over 3000 registry keys, and 8 folders left behind to cleanup.

For anyone's interest, Kontakt made some major change from V5.3 to later versions and where many were having issues. I installed vV5.3 and all is working thus far. Versions 5.5 and later are all crashing.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 05-06-2019 at 03:38 PM.

I cannot seem to assign any ADAT input or output from my RME Fireface UFX above ADAT 9. If I try to assign ADAT 11, 13 or 15, I get the "device already in use" message (I'm not in front of the system, so I do not have exact wording), even though none of these channels are assigned anywhere else. Everything seems to be working in SAWStudioLite32. Tried restarting SAW and rebooting with no effect. I have SAWStudio64 v1.0g.

Regards,
    John

I'm getting this error message after using the Retake All option when recording:
    Name:  SAW error 2.PNG
Views: 200
Size:  9.6 KB
    and after closing and relaunch
    Name:  Saw error 1.PNG
Views: 234
Size:  9.6 KB
    Closing SAW and deleting the audio and image files from the audio folder resumes normal operation.
    It seems to be inconsistent.

*It turns out when I am trying to get ideas down quickly I sometimes forget to select a mono input from a track in the record panel.
    The default file type is stereo and when ReTake All is selected it deletes the track but leaves the base files in the audio folder. When changing the input to mono and attempting to record the first error message shows.

I've never used this option with a client, but for writing it's useful because I often completely change the parts and/or the pitch of the song.
    Last edited by matt; 05-30-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Check your filenames... make sure there are no special punctuation characters in the path or name.

Just tested each of the Retake options and they all seemed fine here.

Bob L