Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default SAC (and Plugins) 64 Bit Version Bug Reports

Ok... we are rolling.

Bug Reports here please... and I will do my best to fix them ASAP.

Thanks,

Bob L

Default Lots of slipped buffers in SAC64

I think I used the same settings as the 32bit SAC: Force single CPU, Force Realtime Priority, etc. I have tried various combinations of settings, still there are lots of slipped output buffs, clicks and pops. The 32bit SAC works fine. I have the RME Fireface USB drivers on this notebook computer set at 64/4. I'm assuming I don't need to run it in compatibility mode, right?

Default Re: SAC (and Plugins) 64 Bit Version Bug Reports

o.k., I clicked on the shortcut, changed the properties to run as administrator and run in Windows compatibility mode. That seems to to have gotten rid of the slipped output buffers. I will continue to test. I also ran Shell2VST on WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll and set up some of the Waves VST plugins to run from .ini files, like in the 32bit SAC version. I am not at a gig, obviously, but I have a recent session file loaded up from a 10 piece band and it all seems to work so far. Thanks for the 64bit upgrade! I tried to load my custom shade from the previous version. It doesn't seem to work.

The hot channel leaves red lines at the bottom of the Full Mixer window. Any channel that I went to retains these red lines on the bottom of the mixer window.

Blog Entries

dbarrow,
    I tried to load my custom shade from the previous version. It doesn't seem to work.
    ...all shades need to be updated to 64-bit as well.

Bob has same on the new site...[click me to see]

I had a cool SAC shade I had tweaked from some other version long ago. I'm guessing I can use what ever resource modification tools to go in and modify a current 64bit SAC shade, right?

Blog Entries

dbarrow,

See the post 64-bit shades.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-08-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Realize that Win 8 and 10 might lower the realtime priority value of the program unless it is run as administrator... Win XP nor Win 7 did not do this... but it seems to also depend on the particular Windows install... so check.

You can see this issue in the Task Manager... add a column in the processes view that shows the priority... then run without administrator rights and set Realtime priority in SAC... note the value... then run with administrator rights, and note again... some installs will be quite different.

You definitely want the highest priority you can get to keep the engine thread above other threads running in the background... although you will still never attain the priority isolation that Win XP was capable of... 7, 8 and 10, will attempt to equalize thread priorities, and that is the ongoing issue with the lack of performance and stability at high loads compared to what could be achieved in XP.

But... alas... we must move forward... which is why I put so much effort into the 64 translation... that will be key to ever being able to find a way to push past these new Windows priority limitations.

Bob L

I am not sure if this is a bug. I inserted the Mirax VST MP3 player in a channel FX Pre slot, set the input to FX Src (also tried 1-2). The player plays mp3 files, routed out the Main Output. The meter displays a signal on the Main Output, but the channel with the VST MP3 player doesn't display a signal on the channel meter. Is this normal? I haven't tested it on the 32bit SAC to compare yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    I am not sure if this is a bug. I inserted the Mirax VST MP3 player in a channel FX Pre slot, set the input to FX Src (also tried 1-2). The player plays mp3 files, routed out the Main Output. The meter displays a signal on the Main Output, but the channel with the VST MP3 player doesn't display a signal on the channel meter. Is this normal? I haven't tested it on the 32bit SAC to compare yet.
    o.k., I solved that with the "Meter Tap Point" and FOH PreFX Patch Signal Flow" dialogs under "Mixer".

Perhaps I should delete this, since it isn't a bug.