Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: SAC (and Plugins) 64 Bit Version Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bizanovich View Post
    Digital Distortion Gradual Buildup

I'm experiencing a gradual buildup of digital distortion. All runs seemingly fine for about 10 minutes or so, then the noise becomes apparent and gradually builds to pure continuous digital distortion.
    Mike, make sure your sample rate setting in SAC matches your sample rate on your RME card AND your ADA unit. As I recall the ADA unit sample rate tops out at 48kHz.

Default Re: SAC (and Plugins) 64 Bit Version Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by airickess View Post
    Mike, make sure your sample rate setting in SAC matches your sample rate on your RME card AND your ADA unit. As I recall the ADA unit sample rate tops out at 48kHz.
    I am running the RayDat as Master and the ADA as Slave. Sync light is on on the ADA and RME app shows sync loc. I'm running 44,100.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

This is definitely a hardware clocking issue. You may want to check that all your wordclock cables are ok. And that you have the right driver installed.

I had this problem several years ago after adding a second RME Hammerfall. I'm trying to remember how I resolved it.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is definitely a hardware clocking issue. You may want to check that all your wordclock cables are ok. And that you have the right driver installed.

I had this problem several years ago after adding a second RME Hammerfall. I'm trying to remember how I resolved it.
    Angie,

Thank you. The conflict seems to be that the second RayDat and first RayDat were fighting. Both were set as Master. I set the second card's clock source to ADAT1 In and all seems well. About 2.5 hours with no distortion. Even added more of a load. Good call.

Mike
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Thanks again, Angie. I stopped at my office to check session on the test setup I kept running overnight. Still going, noise free, 20 hours later - zero slipped buffers and I even have a Wave's Reverb patched to all the channels the whole time. Seems pretty stable. Going to keep it running and see what it looks like on Monday morning.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bizanovich View Post
    Thanks again, Angie. I stopped at my office to check session on the test setup I kept running overnight. Still going, noise free, 20 hours later - zero slipped buffers and I even have a Wave's Reverb patched to all the channels the whole time. Seems pretty stable. Going to keep it running and see what it looks like on Monday morning.
    Great to hear.
    Angie Dickinson Mickle

The Studio
    http://www.avocadoproductions.com/ze.../recording.htm

Chris' tribute site
    http://www.micklesong.com

Great to hear.
    Just got to test machine. 70+ hours later... Still working perfectly. Zero slipped buffers. On to testing with SAW.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

I did a show earlier and noticed a few things on SACRemote64 1.0b:

1. The CPU Load Indicator on the remote just says 00 no matter what the actual load.

2. Clear peaks doesn't clear anything. It may clear them for a split second and then they are re-establishd on the remote. I think clearing them on the host works.

Also, on the host, running SAC64 1.0e and SAW Studio 1.0e, it took a lot of tries tot get SAC-Link to import the channel names. It finally worked, but I'm not sure what I di to make it work, or if it just started working.

New update released... check the Announcements Section.

Bob L

Default Re: SAC (and Plugins) 64 Bit Version Bug Reports - SAW Studio SAC Monitor TAP Point

Using SAW Studio and SAC linked together.

I have one channel in SAC for track playback.

I'm using Monitor 1 as a master monitor setup.

When I set the Monitor 1 TAP point to PreA I get no audio

When I set the Monitor 1 TAP point to PstA I get audio, but it is not affected by the Attenuator settings on the FOH mix.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.