Close

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Re: SAC (and Plugins) 64 Bit Version Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by kabelwalter View Post
    I think it makes a difference with the previous Win XP system, SAC 3.1 and partially older versions of VST plugins compared to the Win Enterprise LTSC 2019 version 1809 with the current SAC64 1.1b and the current 64-bit plugins.

For example, in the SAC3.1 system my favorite SPL De-Esser works up to version 1.4, but not the current version 1.9. Probably because Win XP is no longer supported by the plugin, if I remember correctly.
    Plugins like Brainworx bx_dynEQ V2 could be loaded, also the display "fidgeted", but the audio was only looped through - I think because of too high latency.

But now the following (64-bit) plugins can't be loaded at all. I use the *.ini file method for all of them: Maag EQ2, Maag EQ4, Noveltech Character, SPL De-Esser Dual-Band, SPL De-Esser, SPL Transient Designer Plus, SPL Vitalizer MK2-T.

I can't say that they were loaded in the old (32-bit) system. I would have to try that again in detail, for which I unfortunately don't have the time at the moment. But I'm sure of the SPL De-Esser v1.4, De-Esser Dual-Band v1.4, SPL Transient Designer v1.7, Maag EQ4 v1.5 and Noveltech Character v1.5.

On the other hand the following can be loaded in the new Win10/64-bit system:
    accusonus ERA-D, ValhallaRoom_x64, FabFilter Pro-Q, FabFilter Pro-Q (Mono), FabFilter Pro-Q 3, Lindell TE-100

Walter
    Walter, what is your video card configuration? I'm wondering, could this be an Open GL issue?

Dave

Dave, I use the built in graphic/video card of the Intel Core i5 660 (Clarkdale Rev 12) which is installed onto ASUS P7H55D-M EVO mainboard. CPU-Z reports Intel HD Graphics, ASUS eK Computer Inc.
    What is the Open GL issue?

Walter
    SAC Host: i5-660, 3.33GHz, 12GB RAM, Win10 LTSC, (2) RayDAT, (3) Behringer ADA8000 modded, (4) Behringer ADA8200, 26" TFT

Quote Originally Posted by kabelwalter View Post
    What is the Open GL issue?
    Just whether OpenGL drivers were installed with the driver package or if perhaps they're out of date.

I think a number of plugins make use of OpenGL and it could explain some of the inconsistencies.

I'm just grasping at straws really.

I did it!

To find out if there are special (graphic / OpenGL / other) updates for my ASUS mainboard or the Intel i5 processor from the manufacturers I have looked on the websites. Therefore I installed the "Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer" from the Intel website. The assistant doesn't find any updates that can be done, but suddenly the VST PlugIns can be loaded from Plugin Alliance!

To test if this is really the reason I uninstalled the "Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer" again. Then the plugins couldn't be loaded anymore. So I reinstalled it and now I can load all the PA PlugIns.
    By the way: I tried it, the Intel Assistant makes it possible with the 32-Bit as well as with the 64-Bit SAC and PA plugins.

In fact, I don't yet understand what changes the "Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistant-Installer" makes to the system, so that the plug-ins can suddenly be loaded?

Next I have to test SAC with AD/DA converters and real live audio and above all get the slipped buffers under control.
    And finally a test with the DANTE Virtual soundcard from Audinate is on the agenda...
    I feel like I did 9 years ago when I first brought my SAC system to life.

Walter
    SAC Host: i5-660, 3.33GHz, 12GB RAM, Win10 LTSC, (2) RayDAT, (3) Behringer ADA8000 modded, (4) Behringer ADA8200, 26" TFT