Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 64-bit Shades

Default Re: 64-bit Shades

Thanks Micro. I appreciate all the work you’ve done for the SS community.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Also on my www.Learnsawstudio.com I have all the shades there and next week I will have time to convert all of them to 64bit if it as simple as opening up the shade and change some code. If I can I will post them on the site free like the others.
    So awesome!!! Thank you :-)
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    So awesome!!! Thank you :-)
    Can you show us how to open them up and change the code? Can this be done with SAC 32bit shades to convert them to 64bit shades?

Blog Entries

dbarrow,

A couple of things:

First, I am not too sure just what "code" Microstudio is referring to - but the .shd and/or .dll files contain - at least from what I can determine, 261 bitmaps. Then again, I am not an assembly language programmer - so, I am willing to admit that there may be something that I am missing here.

Attachment 2896

Second, yes, any 32-bit shade can be converted to 64-bit. This being said, I believe that there was a change to the graphics from v3 to v4. It has been a bit since I updated mine - but this needs to be confirmed. This would mean that any v3 shade would not only need to be converted to 64-bit, but that some of the actual graphic content would need to be updated as well.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-16-2019 at 01:01 PM.

I have a 32bit shade that I modified to be how I want it. It runs in SAC 32bit v4. I would like to convert it myself to 64 bit. What do I do? How can I open it in Resource Hacker, make whatever changes and then save it in a form that works with SAC64 (or SAW64)?

Blog Entries

Hello,

I am working on a tutorial...

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Also on my www.Learnsawstudio.com I have all the shades there and next week I will have time to convert all of them to 64bit if it as simple as opening up the shade and change some code. If I can I will post them on the site free like the others.

Thank you so much! I will likely end up downloading one of your 64 bit shades (I already have the 32 bit ones) when I upgrade.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    dbarrow,

A couple of things:

First, I am not too sure just what "code" Microstudio is referring to - but the .shd and/or .dll files contain - at least from what I can determine, 261 bitmaps. Then again, I am not an assembly language programmer - so, I am willing to admit that there may be something that I am missing here.

Attachment 2896

Second, yes, any 32-bit shade can be converted to 64-bit. This being said, I believe that there was a change to the graphics from v3 to v4. It has been a bit since I updated mine - but this needs to be confirmed. This would mean that any v3 shade would not only need to be converted to 64-bit, but that some of the actual graphic content would need to be updated as well.
    Dell I am talking about .shd files. .shd files are what we put into the "Shades" folder in the "Sawstudio" main folder on the C: drive. If you download a shade from my site they are all .shd files. The .dll file you talk about is the default graphic file that comes with the Sawstudio & Midi Workshop programs and they are there to serve as the default graphics file and they saved as a .dll file and should never be changed and saved or overwritten. Any changes you make to the .dll file should be saved as a .shd file this way SAW/MWS will always open and you use the .shd file to save your changes/edit..ect into.

I do not know how to change the .shd 32bit shade with 247 resources to 261 resources which the 64bit .shd files have other then adding in the 14 missing images. And to keep with the theme of a shade you would have to edit each of the 14 to the shade theme.

There have been changes to the graphics thus there are 14 new images from 32bit 247 to 64bit 261

I hope this clarifies everything.

Blog Entries

Question Re: 64-bit Shades

Microstudio,

I hope this clarifies everything.
    ....In all due respect to you Micro, it does not. Did you have a look at this post? [click _me]...see V3 to V4. But again, as Bob stated, we do not need to be at all concerned about this point.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-21-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Microstudio,

....In all due respect to you Micro, t does not. Did yu have a loot at this post? [click _me]...see V3 to V4. But again, as Bob stated, we do not need to be at all concerned about this point.
    I purchase your tutorial so I can better understand what you are talking about, waiting for your email I look forward to your tutorial.