Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 64-bit Shades

Blog Entries

Default Re: 64-bit Shades

dbarrow,
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    Does anyone remember the names of the shade tools and where to find them? I probably have them somewhere, but I can't remember their names.
    There are two that I know of. PowerShades and Resource Hacker. PowerShades only works with 32-bit data...Resource Hacker works with both..

Get Resource Hacker here...[click me]

PS: Can anyone answer my question regarding bitmap replacement? Can this task be accomplished globally - or does this task have to be done one-bitmap-at-a-time?

2. Default Re: 64-bit Shades

Can someone post a walk through on how to change a shade from 32bit to 64bit using resource hacker

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    dbarrow,

There are two that I know of. PowerShades and Resource Hacker. PowerShades only works with 32-bit data...Resource Hacker works with both..

Get Resource Hacker here...[click me]

PS: Can anyone answer my question regarding bitmap replacement? Can this task be accomplished globally - or does this task have to be done one-bitmap-at-a-time?
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is anyway to do global replacements.
    Last edited by cgrafx; 01-09-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Philip,

It appears that Resource Hacker does have scripting capabilities...but this is way above my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Helmers View Post
    Hi Dell , I would be happy to pay you for it. I use the SAW Studio Simple Shade , cant remeber who the creator was , maybe somebody on the forum does , but that would be awesome !
    I also use this shade and love it. Has anyone converted it to 64 bit yet?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is anyway to do global replacements.
    No it can not, every single .gif as to be replaced. It is a long hard process.

Blog Entries

Paul,
    Can someone post a walk through on how to change a shade from 32bit to 64bit using resource hacker
    ....Have you checked your private messages?

Blog Entries

Good day,

Two things:

First, Microstudio
    No it can not, every single .gif as to be replaced. It is a long hard process.
    ...First off, they are bmp's, not gifs...

...and second...

...in answer to my own question, "Can anyone answer my question regarding bitmap replacement? Can this task be accomplished globally - or does this task have to be done one-bitmap-at-a-time?" I can now tell you that this operation can be performed "globally" I have done it, and have re-done it numerous times - and all is working as it should!
    * I am just waiting to verify if this operation actually does work, to ensure that I am NOT dreaming. Will keep you all updated.

For your interest, SAC contains 257 bitmaps, and SAW contains 261 bitmaps. I have been able to update all of these bitmaps to 64-bit all-at-once!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-11-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Good day,

Two things:

First, Microstudio
    ...First off, they are bmp's, not gifs...

...and second...

...in answer to my own question, "Can anyone answer my question regarding bitmap replacement? Can this task be accomplished globally - or does this task have to be done one-bitmap-at-a-time?" I can now tell you that this operation can be performed "globally" I have done it, and have re-done it numerous times - and all is working as it should!
    * I am just waiting to verify if this operation actually does work, to ensure that I am NOT dreaming. Will keep you all updated.

For your interest, SAC contains 257 bitmaps, and SAW contains 261 bitmaps. I have been able to update all of these bitmaps to 64-bit all-at-once!
    My bad yes they are bitmap but they are only saved as that when you make them. I made the Pro Tools shade and am about 70% done with my Pro Shade but stopped as I wanted to wait for the update.

Blog Entries

Also on my www.Learnsawstudio.com I have all the shades there and next week I will have time to convert all of them to 64bit if it as simple as opening up the shade and change some code. If I can I will post them on the site free like the others.