Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SawStudio Lite...Updates

Bob....as SawStudio Lite32 is no longer offered...will we still be able to get updates?, as SawStudio Lite is the same program as SawStudio Full32.
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

Saw Sudio lite 32 is still offered theres an update out for it now. Theres no SawStudio lite 64.
    Last edited by Paul Helmers; 01-08-2019 at 04:28 PM.

I am a Lite user too; and seldom, if ever require more than 48 tracks. Mr Lentini put a lot of effort into that new site, I best read it more in depth

(...60 seconds later...)

it's a $500 upgrade path

Lite to Full32 is $200
    +Full32 to Full64 is $300
    Last edited by Todd R; 01-08-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: research to answer own question
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Blog Entries

Todd,

See here...Upgrade SAWStudio Lite32 To Full64

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Todd,

See here...Upgrade SAWStudio Lite32 To Full64
    looks like $500 to me

Blog Entries

Todd,
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    looks like $500 to me
    ...However, just a single upgrade path, not two, as you had mentioned.

Thanks guys....originally I was wondering whether Bob was still going to support SawStudio Lite, with updates...it looks like he is. I personally don't see the need to upgrade to the 64bit version at this time. The only thing I would gain is the use of more memory(for big memory hogging plugins) which I don't use anyway. If I were to upgrade, it would be to SawStudio Full32bit...which I believe is $200.
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Danny O View Post
    Thanks guys....originally I was wondering whether Bob was still going to support SawStudio Lite, with updates...it looks like he is. I personally don't see the need to upgrade to the 64bit version at this time. The only thing I would gain is the use of more memory(for big memory hogging plugins) which I don't use anyway. If I were to upgrade, it would be to SawStudio Full32bit...which I believe is $200.
    Danny,
    Bob did say somewhere on the forum here that Lite was designed for lower spec'd computers to be able to run SAW Studio and nowadays basic computer specs are so high that there is no need to continue with Lite. So, he has decided to not "port" Lite to 64bit.

Personally, I have a huge amount of memory on my newest machine and would like to take advantage...plus, Sonnox Restore DeNoiser G4 (32bit) has a bug that causes crashes and will not save settings; the Restore G5 (64bit) doesn't have this bug afaiaa. I raised the bug with Sonnox 2 years ago and they fobbed me off, telling me they "didn't have time right now".

I love SAW Studio, particularly the best waveform height Zoom that I know of and SAW's unique automation that is pure genius IMHO. That will be enough to get me to pony up the $500. That said, I have guys who would like to learn to mix like I am doing and NONE of them are going to splash out $1000 for SAW, not to mention most of them are on Mac, so training them up on SAW is a non-starter....so I am currently on the fence watching the de-bugging and shade porting. I have a reasonably sized mix job ongoing and I shouldn't switch until I finish.
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Todd,
    ...However, just a single upgrade path, not two, as you had mentioned.
    In my exuberance in the moment I saw the hopscotch before the one-hop ;-)
    thanks for keeping me in line, sir

Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    Danny,
    Bob did say somewhere on the forum here that Lite was designed for lower spec'd computers to be able to run SAW Studio and nowadays basic computer specs are so high that there is no need to continue with Lite. So, he has decided to not "port" Lite to 64bit.

Personally, I have a huge amount of memory on my newest machine and would like to take advantage...plus, Sonnox Restore DeNoiser G4 (32bit) has a bug that causes crashes and will not save settings; the Restore G5 (64bit) doesn't have this bug afaiaa. I raised the bug with Sonnox 2 years ago and they fobbed me off, telling me they "didn't have time right now".

I love SAW Studio, particularly the best waveform height Zoom that I know of and SAW's unique automation that is pure genius IMHO. That will be enough to get me to pony up the $500. That said, I have guys who would like to learn to mix like I am doing and NONE of them are going to splash out $1000 for SAW, not to mention most of them are on Mac, so training them up on SAW is a non-starter....so I am currently on the fence watching the de-bugging and shade porting. I have a reasonably sized mix job ongoing and I shouldn't switch until I finish.
    Not that this will make much difference in your circumstance given the price point, but SAW does work pretty well under Parallels (for your MAC only friends).

Out of convenience I occasionally do fire up SAW on my MAC Tower when working on video projects.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.