Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default thank you! and question on Native plugin 64bit API

Bob - first, I one to give a huge THANK YOU for the latest 5.7 update. This seems to have fixed my problems with loading a few 32bit VST plugins that would crash 5.6 - specifically Izotope RX 6's Spectral De-noise being one of potential good use - so it is greatly appreciated by me.
    Next - I wanted to ask whether the API for the SAWStudio 64 native plugins was available to be shared with 3rd party developers. My mastering work uses SAWStudio as its primary DAW app on a near daily basis (as it has for the past 17 years running), and often depends on some native plugins in its work flow (JMS Audioware's Cue Sheet Generator and Batch File Generator being the most critical, with pretty much daily use of the Sonoris EQ as well) and from my understanding these plugins will all need to be updated in order to function in SAWStudio 64. Before I start sending Jon Marshall Smith (JMS) and Pieter Stenekes (Sonoris) emails begging them to consider poting their plugins to new versions - I just wanted to make sure there was a link I could provide them to the API and any templates, testing tools or documentation they might need to be able to comply with these requests. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Last edited by TotalSonic; 01-13-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Default Re: thank you! and question on Native plugin 64bit API

I already sent an email to Pieter. The pitch/time plugin is a must have for me.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Unfortunately, I have not had time to create an updated API document... but if either one of them wants to update, they can contact me directly and I can share with them the important changes they need to do to handle the 64 bit conversion.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I already sent an email to Pieter. The pitch/time plugin is a must have for me.
    +1. If Pitch/Time doesn't get updated, I'll have to find something else.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Pieter has contacted Bob. Pitch/Time is the only plugin of its type that can be automated. I use it daily. There is no other to replace it in my personal workflow.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Pieter has contacted Bob. Pitch/Time is the only plugin of its type that can be automated. I use it daily. There is no other to replace it in my personal workflow.
    You're right. When I use it to time compress the disclaimer in a radio spot, and I have to compress the main VO, too, I have to automate the overall time comp on the disclaimer track at the beginning, then change it to a more drastic setting when the disclaimer begins. Without an automatable (is that a word?) time comp plug, I'd have to produce the disclaimer in another session and import a processed version. Sounds tiring.

Thanks for reaching out to Pieter, MMP.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

Gents: doesn't it work to use any third-party time-compression plugin (multiple instances, if needed) and automate the bypass? You could put that automation on a blank region if you get glitchy noises.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I am constantly changing the values in the plugin, not just leaving them static. So, no, bypass doesn’t work.

I had an email exchange with Jon Marshall Smith (JMS Audioware) today and he expressed openness to porting his plugins to SAWStudio 64 compatible versions - hopefully he will be in touch with Bob shortly as well.

Does anyone know any contacts at Anwida, and whether they are even actively supporting their SAW plugins currently? After Sonoris and JMS Audioware that would be the next third party developer that issued a large amount of SAW native plugins - so it might be valuable to contact on possible porting as well.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson
    Last edited by TotalSonic; 01-15-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Awesome news!